“good place for a nice lunch or dinner”

The Buzzard's Roost
Ranked #11 of 134 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Naples, Florida
“good place for a nice lunch or dinner”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

It';s a bit hard to find, but once we did, we stopped in on an early Sunday afternoon. We heard entertainment, but figured it must have been for the brunch crowd. Our drink order was taken after a few minutes. Eschewing appetizers, we had what was called the fresh catch of the day (yellowtail snapper). I had the sandwich "buzzards roost" way (grilled rye bread, sauteed mushrooms, onions and jack cheese). My wife had it "Harvey's way (grilled wheat, tomatoes, cheese tartar, sauce) served with homemade chips, it was a good satisfying sandwich for the money. Service was quick, pleasant and attentive, the beer was very cold and the music was unobtrusive. Good place to go.

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Virginia
“A must!!!!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We were there on November 4. The experience was unbelievable to say the least. Our server Mable was awesome. She probably thought the 4 of us were crazy. We ordered 4 appetizers... Everything on the menu looked so good, we couldn't decide. The fish dip, mahi, Tuna were very good... Crab cake appetizer and onion were marginal.

Now for the Entrees.. Two of us ordered the buzzards seafood pasta.. This was absolutely awesome. Each ingredient was very well prepared and the portions were huge.

One ordered the special.. Which was some sort of hogfish. It was light and flaky.. Very very good!!

We were stuffed but kept room for two desserts.. Had the coconut cake with pineapple sauce and the key lime pie. The perfect ending to a perfect meal.

For those who thought the service was bad.. Or cold.. You must have gone to the wrong restaurant.. The service was great, Mabel was spot on with her recommendations, and the value of the meal for what we paid was well worth it. Can't wait to get down there again..

Visited November 2013
oceans2010, Owner at The Buzzard's Roost, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review for us. We always want our customers to be happy and have a pleasant dinning experience. I know you can take your business anywhere, but when you join us, we feel you deserve the best we can give. Would love for you to visit again sometime. We will do our best to make you happy and show you we don't just want your business, we want to earn your business. A big thank you!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Don't bother!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My family of four had just spent a week in the Florida Keys with wonderful food at every restaurant we tried which varied from local grills to high end restaurants. The Buzzard's Roost location on the water with outdoor seating was enticing. The staff was professional yet cold. Service was slow to average. The average salad was obviously fixed earlier with plates stacked but tasted ok. My husband's oysters were really good but from there it was rapid downhill! My son and I ordered the seafood combination plates. Our mahi mahi and scallops lacked color and taste. I was only able to eat the mahi mahi with lots of salt, pepper, and smothering in hot sauce. The clams were ok. The shrimp was mushy. The broccoli looked good but disappointing when we discovered the vegetables were sour. The value was not there.

If this was my first time to eat seafood I wouldn't do it again. I was stunned when I read the high ratings from other trip advisor reviews. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
oceans2010, Owner at The Buzzard's Roost, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I have read your review twice and I am trying to understand what happened. Yes, we do get great reviews because we work very hard to maintain a higher standard and have a policy for fresh.
Our seafood comes in daily from the same fisheries, local fisherman or vendor that all the restaurants in the keys use. I am very sorry your experience with us wasn't what you expected, this is not what we are about. I have spoke with my kitchen and everyone else down the line to fix any problems in the areas you mentioned. Hopefully you will try us again if you are visiting.
Franklin
“Buzzard's Roost Fish Taco's”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were there last week. A bit off the beaten path but worth it. We had blackened Mahi tacos with cabbage and pico de gallo. They were THE best tacos of our vacation.

• Visited October 2013
oceans2010, Owner at The Buzzard's Roost, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. Of course we always love this kind of praise but we also work hard to receive it, just really nice to hear it. We are so glad you stopped in and I agree the fish tacos are great. Please come by again and we will try our best to do our best.
Durham, North Carolina
“Nice Restaurant”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Really enjoyed our visit to this restaurant. It was really pretty inside and the food was excellent. Our server was also excellent.

• Visited October 2013
You are so very kind to share your experience and give us a thumbs up. We hope you enjoyed the keys and will come by again if you are in town.