“Great Food, Large Menu”

Ranked #4 of 143 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving fresh seafood to the locals of the Florida Keys since 1991. Patio dining available!
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Hobo's is the kind of place you can take a group and everyone will find something appealing on the menu and it's a safe bet that everyone will enjoy what they order. We avoided it at first because the name and windowless building had me skeptical, but inside it's a great, casual spot with excellent service and delicious food.

We started with an appetizer sampler that was the highlight of the meal. I especially loved the smoked fish dip. I ordered the hogfish entree, pan sauteed with a side of steamed veggies. The portion of fish was huge and cooked perfectly. My husband ordered wings... the portion and presentation were great but the wings were too fried and not saucy enough for his taste.

The owner stopped by and seemed genuinely interested in our experience and asked us about our vacation. We'd definitely come back and try more of the menu!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,656)

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Loved the menu. The food was good. Really wished I could have gone back and tried this restaurant once more during my week in Key Largo. I would consider this my favorite lunch spot and second favorite overall spot to eat in Key Largo.

1  Thank Anthony M
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I went with some friends and overall we all loved our meals. I had the baked Mahi sandwich and was blown away by how delicious it was. I'm not a huge fan of mushrooms but wow it was great. Very nice spot and service was good. If you're going to eat out back bring bug spray.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We always eat here when visiting Key Largo. The food is outstanding specially the Pasta in Paradise huge chunks of blackened Mahi Mahi. Another must are their Lobster Po'boy. Service wise is average nothing special, no great decor or comfortable outside seating but great food.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We visited Hobo's on Sun, 8/11/14 with friends and our 13, 10 and 8 yr old daughters. My husband loved his blackened mahi and I loved my hobo shrimp linguini in garlic whine sauce. The girls had cheese quesadillas and ribs. They said the sauce on the ribs was too spicy though. Five of us ate for $85 wo tip and that included my husband drinking beer. They only have beer and wine. We had a great evening! Wait staff, host and manager were all very friendly.