“we were very disapointed”
Review of Hobo's Cafe

Hobo's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 145 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving fresh seafood to the locals of the Florida Keys since 1991. Patio dining available!
Reviewed January 24, 2013

we have been going here every winter now for more than 10yrs, it was much better in the old location better service , better food!, better atmosphere. Had lunch the other day, had the salad with salmon on it, the salmon was dry, charred! no taste to it, and it was cut into by the chef or cook to see if it was cooked making it look unappealing.I had the 'fish rubin' with frie's, again the fish in the sandwich was charred making it tasteless or tasting like the grill,but this was not the worse part of our lunch! french fries were cold, i asked our waiter for new frie's, she took the old frie's away with the kepchup on some of the frie's and gave me what i thought were new cooked frie's but were the same exact ones she took from me, kepchup was still on the frie's, yes
they took old frie's and recooked them to make them hotter! they were busy with lots of people but this is there business and they wanted to be bigger so deal with it and serve hot food the first time ,Bigger is not always better, never had a problem in 10yr's at the old spot

1  Thank cullinand17
Write a ReviewReviews (2,694)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This little but exquisite wood cabin, with large porch included, is home for the best conch fritters and blackened fish sticks i have ever had in my life!! it is a most for those who have the privilege to go to the Florida Keys.
Full of local people by the way, it does not get better than that!!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our server was super friendly and helpful in menu recommendations. I enjoyed the Coconut encrusted fish sandwich with Sweet curry and raisin sauce. Still dreaming about that sandwich. No frills restaurant, with great food!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have visited Hobo’s for years. I first found them while living in Key Largo about 15 years ago when my friend brought me there for lunch. Since then I have returned on almost every trip to the keys. When they moved to their current location I didn't know about it and thought they were gone, but was happy to see they were very close by in a new building. I have been to the current locations several times as well.
My most recent visit was just a pleasurable. I stopped in for the fried mahi sandwich on my way back to Ft. Lauderdale. I was down for business and wanted to make a quick stop. The service was quick and the food was excellent, as always.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We ate there for a quick lunch on our way back to Fort Lauderdale. This place got decent reviews so we went in. I ordered a water, dolphin Reuben, and a slice of key lime pie. The sandwich was a little soggy and the fish had the silver part of the skin on which I thought strange, but kept eating. Within 6 hours my stomach was bloated and cramped. Within 10 hours I was violently vomiting the sandwich. It's taken 10 days to recover. I would never want someone else to go through that.

3  Thank jb76orange