“Yummy”
Review of The Fish House

The Fish House
Ranked #12 of 134 Restaurants in Key Largo
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Yummy”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Good fish dinner and large salad was outstanding. The Key Lime pie was to die for. But was a little pricey.

Visited February 2013

• Hebrew first
Washington, DC
“Not on the water, but the fish is worth it”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

No, it's not on the water, and no it doesn't have sunset views or outdoor dining, but the fish preparations make it worth the trip. We didn't even love all the food we had (my side of mushy corn on the cob and boiled potatoes wasn't winning any creativity awards), but the fish made everything worthwhile.

As we enjoyed our meal, my husband and I had a difficult time deciding who had the better dish as we continued to share bites. My Yellowtail Snapper Black and Bleu (bleu cheese crumbles, bleu cheese sauce, with blackening seasoning, wine, and garlic) was amazing. Bleu cheese and fish may sound strange, but it was delicious. And my husband's Mahi-Mahi Matecumbe (fresh tomatoes, shallots, basil, capers, olive oil, lemon juice) was just as good. I can's speak for the rest of the menu, but I don't think you can go wrong ordering one of the "Today's Catch Deluxe" items.

We were talking about this meal for the rest of the trip. They were certainly two of the best fish preparations we had in the Keys and they probably vie for two of the best fish dishes we've ever had.

San Jose, California
“Best fish I've ever had”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

In my family of 5, more than 1 of us thought that we had the best fish meal we've ever had here. I had the Hog fish, and it was fantastic. The atmosphere is fun and the staff is friendly. This is a really great family place to go for dinner.

Littleton, Colorado
“Expensive but delicious!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We started out in Denver at 4 am, flight to Ft. Lauderdale, rental car to Key Largo...3 local recommendations to try Fish House for dinner, so we did.

Upon arriving inside, you notice the glow from the strings of patio lights hanging from the netting on the ceiling: shells, flamingos, sunflowers, fish, pineapples, starfish, ,champagne glasses, sea horses, and chilis etc... The walls are covered in pictures, wooden fish and all things nautical.

The friendly staff is welcoming and efficient. The menu is overwhelming and frankly a little more expensive than we are used too. 4 coconut shrimp for $13.99 for a appetizer. Delicious and large.

The Mahi Mahi Macumbe was excellent and came with corn, a starch choice and coleslaw. I am not a fan of the soggy piece of corn on the cob found in seafood restaurants - give me hot cut corn every time. The Macumbe is a signature dish with lemon, olive oil, shallots, tomatoes, and capers baked on top of the fish. Very delicious, in fact after mine arrived and I commented on how good it was and that it was my first time here...2 other tables ordered it also!

My husband - NOT, a seafood lover, decided to try the crab cake appetizer! He asked me to taste it and comment if I thought it was a good one - it was... good crab flavor and texture and not bread crummy filling.

Will definitely go back! but keep in mind entees start at $16. 99 with the main fish dishes starting at about $22 with $2 and $4 add ins for upgraded other fish.

• Visited March 2013
Naples, Florida
“Authentic and Delicious!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I love the consistency with this restaurant! I lived in Florida a number of years ago and this was always a favorite "go to" place when in The Keys. Just spent a week in South Beach and ventured down to Key Largo for an afternoon of kayaking and then had a great lunch at The Fish House. This place is so friendly.... not only the staff, but the customers who come here as well. Fresh, local, daily catch and decilious preparation options. Keep up the great cooking! Fresh, simple, flavorful!