“Tasty Italian Fare in Key Largo”

DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo
Reserve with OpenTable
DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 135 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: US 1
Description: Featured on Guy Fieri's Diner's, Drive In's and Dive's. Owned and operated by the DiGiorgio family, DiGiorgio"s Cafe Largo is authentic. When you think pasta, local seafood, veal, tira misu and others, DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo is the first to come to mind in Key Largo. The DiGiorgio family emigrated from the cities of San Marino in north Italy and Cassino, outside of Rome. Being in business in South Florida since 1968 we have developed a great following and reputation. In 1990, the DiGiorgio family moved to Key Largo and saw the possibilities of mixing all the varieties of local seafood available with pasta and other dishes. When in Key Largo, we welcome you with open arms. Become a fan of our Facebook page and keep with our specials, events, reveiws and anything we might come up with spur of the moment. Just search "Cafe Largo" on Facebook.
Holt, Michigan
“Tasty Italian Fare in Key Largo”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

After traveling most of the day and stopping in Key Largo for the night, we went to Cafe Largo for dinner. It was a Thursday evening around 7:00 and the restaurant was very busy. We were seated very quickly by a very pleasant hostess and, because of the location of our table, observed her doing everything!! The waitress took our order and brought rolls and our drinks to the table very quickly. We ordered the garlic shrimp pasta and the chicken marsala. We shared a Caesar salad. As we were not in any hurry it was not a big problem but it did seem like it took a long time for us to get our entrees. When they arrived they were warm and both were delicious. There are quite a few tables so the restaurant can handle quite a few customers. They also have a large bar at which patrons were also eating dinner. Overall, we enjoyed our dinner and drinks.

• Visited March 2013
Robert D, Owner at DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for the great review and your visit with our establishment. We are glad our hostess was so helpful on your visit.

Conifer, Colorado
“Heavy meals with lots of spices”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Be prepared for a very heavy meal prepared with more spiciness than the usual italian fare. I got the beef tips minus the gorgonzola cheese and it was all more spicy than I was expecting. It was still good with decent flavor for the beef.
Husband had the snapper meal and it tasted a little fishy and undercooked.
Prices were pretty high for everything and service was extremely slow.
I still give it an average rating because the food is palatable and the interior of the restaurant is nicely lit and comfortable which you don't always find in this area.

• Visited March 2013
Thank you for your business and the overall positive review.
“I really had high hopes...only to be dashed on the rocks...”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Well, if you look at my reviews...this was not a good night. I am a parttime resident of Islamorada, so I frequent a lot of restaurants there. I happened to be in Key Largo tonight...
, I went to an Italian restaurant I'd been wanting to try. Yummy garlic rolls and pasta fagioli soup...I ordered something I really like - Pasta Pomodoro...If you know what that is...when it came and I took a bite...I realized it was a sauce with meat. I motioned over my waitress and I said "excuse me...I ordered pasta pomodoro and this sauce has meat" she says "That's why I repeated that it had meat"...yeah, I would have heard that if that is what she said...but again - I repeated "I want pomodoro" and she walked away. So, I googled the restaurant menu (since mine had been removed). When she came back I said "see pomodoro, fresh tomatoes and olive oil" she then exclaims "OHHH, I thought you ordered bolognese" NO...and the table next to me heard me say pomodoro the whole time. Her apology? 10% off the bill...My husband (who waited tables during his Master's, said she should have apologized and removed the item from my bill or offered to bring me what I really wanted. Her mistake, not mine.)....SIGHHHHH - Welcome to the Keys...beautiful sunsets and LOUSY service....I would have gone to the management, but I was tired and just left. What do you do in a case like this? Make a scene?

• Visited March 2013
Thank you for coming and at least having high hopes. You had a new server that evening and the situation could have been handled better. Im my restaurant or another, never hesitate to ask for what you ordered. We could have made you the meal you wanted in 5 minutes. We hope you give us another chance in the future.
New Milford, Connecticut
“We left hungry”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

After spending the day in Key West, we stopped at a random place to eat which happened to be Cafe Largo. From the outside, it looks like it could be a hidden gem, a hole in the wall 'best kept secret'. The decor is dated at best, I felt like it was a delusional grandma's living room complete with plastic picnic table cloths, white patio furniture and tacky decorations. We were greeted promptly by a friendly hostest and seated promptly. Our server was bubbly and friendly. The garlic knots and the salad that came with the meal were very bland. I ordered chicken parm and asked that the cheese be well done on top. My husband ordered the meat sauce and pasta. My chicken cutlet was very tough and tasted like it was cooked, reheated and reheated again. The sauce could be described as a store brand ragu imposter. My husbands meatsauce lacked meat and was also watery. Maybe because we come from the Tri-State area we have higher expectations for Italian food, but even so this was not very enjoyable. Needless to say we did not order dessert, and found comfort in a McCdonalds later that night.

• Visited March 2013
Robert D, Owner at DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I will start by saying thank you for choosing our restaurant but must respond from there. Your description of our establishment is way off base and almost insulting. For one we do not have white plastic chairs in our dining room. They are high end aluminum with a back and seat cushion for your comfort. Our table cloths are custom fitted vinyl, very expensive red & white checkered to go with a traditional italian decor. We prefer our "knots" be called garlic rolls and are homemade with olive oil and garlic on them. What other flavor are you looking for? Our tomato sauce is homemade from scratch and the meat sauce is made with Certified Angus Beef. We cant use any better ingredients. We invite you into our kitchen to observe the effort that goes into the items you ordered. Our restaurant is where other restauranters eat. As far as portions, there are no larger portions served anywhere in the area, both locals and visitors will attest to that. You asked for the cheese well done on your Chicken Parm. Did you think maybe the cheese would be on the chicken while it is being well done? You found comfort in a McDonalds and critique our establishment? Did McDonalds fit the bill and get 5 stars? Not every restaurant is for every customer and we are sorry you were disappointed with your visit with us and McDonalds gained another customer.
Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Pleasant - food was good and portions very substantial. Decor a bit old - place could use a facelift.

Visited February 2013
Thank you for your visit and the positive review of our food and portions. Our interior was upgraded last year. We chose to go with the more old, traditional italian look.