“Saved our stay”

Snappers Oceanfront Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #28 of 145 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Description: Snappers sustained total loss at the hands of Hurricane Irma. After the dust settles, our plan is to rebuild as quickly as possible, better than ever, and keep the party alive at our favorite Florida beach bar! Stay tuned for updates! Snapper's Restaurant offers quality dining with a Florida Keys feel at moderate prices in a casual atmosphere. Both locals and visitors alike are treated to a truly enjoyable Keys experience when visiting Snappers. Whether you're enjoying our Jazz Brunch on a Sunday morning, dining by the waterfront for lunch or dinner, seated inside our cozy dining room, or sipping a tropical cocktail at our Tiki Bar or our famous, world-famous Turtle Club- You'll see why Snapper's Waterfront Restaurant & Bar is receiving accolades as the area's distinctive Florida Key's dining experience.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We ate here two nights running as we were staying at the Dove Ceek Lodge next door. We picked to stay at the lodge as we wanted to be able to walk out for an evening meal and a drink. Snappers fit the bill. Nice cove setting at the waters edge. Food was fresh and tasty. My partner is still talking about the crab cakes and I really enjoyed the hogfish. The second night I had a steak that was just ok but we both enjoyed ourselves. Lots of locals at the bar. We would go back if in the area. We didn't enjoy the Dove creek lodge but Snappers saved the trip otherwise we would have regretted our Key Largo visit.

1  Thank CharleyUK
Write a ReviewReviews (2,831)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Fun atmosphere...try the spicy chicken nachos or lobster macaroni. This is a great place for locals...

Reviewed June 26, 2013

They had the best tuna nachos ever! Only 3 per plate but they were piled high with some of the freshest tuna I've ever eaten. I looked at the deck to see if the fishing rods were there. My brother had the seared tuna entree and it was delicious as well. Shrimp tacos were devoured. Deck seating. Small bar inside but outside bar adjacent with live entertainment. They offer the service of preparing your own catch if you bring it to the restaurant ready to cook and they add sides for an entire meal. I had NEVER seen that anywhere before. Great idea if you are in a hotel and want to fish. You can try all the different preparations, blackened/grilled/fried. Not to be missed. Might be worth the drive from Miami!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you love shrimp you'll this place! I got the shrimp burger and have fallen in love with this entree. It had just the right amount of shrimp and spices. It comes with a spicy mayo on the bun but I recommend the Bahamian Cocktail sauce to add to the sandwich. The service was great and quick! I will definitely be going back. The only downside was no sweet tea, which I found hard to find down here..

1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our team celebrated our bosses retirement dinner at Snapper's on Sat. June 22, 2013. The 30 of us there enjoyed everything. The staff was friendly and accomodated everything we requested of them. The meals were fabulous, the food cooked to perfection and everyone commented to me that the choice of venue was excellent. Our team extends from Key West all the way up to Hollywood FL so many of us traveled a distance to join this celebration. Believe me, Snapper's will see many of us again, looking to enjoy another fabulous meal.

1  Thank Andree T