“Good for beginners”

Rainbow Reef Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 125 Tours in Key Largo
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

If you are a beginner diver it's very much tailored for that because they put a dive guide in the water in every trip, the afternoon dives are usually very packed but having said that you can take the morning trips also very seldom do they not have a trip going out due to not enough passengers but schedule yourself in all the deep trips if you plan to do any because if one gets canceled its usually
that one, but I would absolutely use them again!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We dove with RR on 2 days to receive our OWC. Our instructor Nikki was awesome, my husband and 17 yr. old daughter
and myself had a wonderful experience with them. The instruction and dive gear are topnotch. Everyone truly loves what they are doing, and it shows. My daughter wants to continue her learning with advanced and rescue diver in the near future. Thanks so much
for making our dives a wonderful experience, Molasses Reef surprised me with all the coral and aquatic life, fish everwhere!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was an excellent experience and would do it again in a heartbeat!

I am a rescue diver, but this was my first salt water dive. The initial checkin at the dive center went just fine and the staff was very helpful and nice. The onboard pre-dive meeting was about what you would expect and the crew was helpful in getting everyone situated and geared up before reaching the reef.

Since this was my first salt water dive, I needed to get a buoyancy check and Owen was very helpful, taking the necessary time to make sure we had a safe dive. He was helpful underwater as a guide and spotted out many things I would have missed. And he often checked with me to make sure everything was going as planned and I was okay and enjoying the experience.

Upon surfacing, I took in a large amount of water (my foolish mistake) and was unable to complete the second dive. But Owen and the rest of the crew (even the captain) checked on me often and made sure I was okay and comfortable for the rest of the trip.

I've seen a couple of other comments about the crew not paying attention to untrained divers, etc. I did not witness any of that. As a matter of fact, it was just the opposite. And you don't have to go with a guide. Get a buddy and explore. So I'm not quite sure what those comments were really directed towards.

Anyway, I hope to make many more return trips to Key Largo, and when I do I will not even look for another dive center. Rainbow Reef rocks!

1  Thank John R
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Plain and simple, my wife and I, had a positive experience with Rainbow Reef Dive Center. Very nice staff, on land, and in the water. Our Captains explained the boat we were on every day, from the fire extinguisher location, to the life rafts. We were pleased with our guides too! They took good care of us. Safety conscious! Make sure you have been SCUBA diving within 2 years of using their services, as per RRDC insurance policies, otherwise you will have to have a skills check by them. I think you have to pay for that. We would use this dive operator again. Look them up on the web/Facebook.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Gotta give props to Anna first. Professional, knowledgeable, fun to dive with. Yes the boats can be a little crowded at times, but there was always more than enough staff to help anyone that needed it. If you dive your own profile, don't be afraid to say so! We did every time with the exception of or AOW dives, and had a blast. We even saw a hammerhead on one dive!