“Excellent dive center - staff, equipment, boats, staging area ...”

Rainbow Reef Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 120 Tours in Key Largo
Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent dive center - staff, equipment, boats, staging area ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I decided to squeeze a morning dive in Key Largo into our week in Ft. Lauderdale. On the recommendation of a friend, we contacted Rainbow Reef and reserved a Friday morning excursion. We arrived at the parking lot outside the Comfort Inn and proceeded to check in, pay, get gear (we drove to FL so didn't bring any equipment) and get on the boat.

The staff were all friendly, approachable and knowledgeable. We received a short briefing from the boat captain, then proceeded to the first dive site. They gave us the "10 minutes to arrival" warning and we all geared up and waited our turn. It was the typical line up/giant stride/hang on the line/descend together operation, with up to 6 divers per divemaster. The divemaster routinely ensured we all watched our air and were doing well. Most of the group we were in, were fairly inexperienced/rusty, so the pro attention was welcomed.

The dive sites were excellent and we spent plenty of time at each site.

Overall, if I'd just sat back and thought about how I'd like this morning to go - imagining if all went really, really well: that's how this morning went. Everything was easy, efficient and pleasant.

We will definitely return to Rainbow Reef when we're diving nearby.

Our prior experience is not extensive, but includes prior dives in the Keys, Aruba, St. Maarten, Mexico and Hawaii. We've been certified about 20yrs.

1 Thank Traveler_from_Ohio_1

Jacksonville, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Dive Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went diving with Rainbow Reef Dive Center and had a great time. It was some of the best diving I've ever done. These guys took us to some fantastic places with aquatic life like I've never seen before. A great place to dive....I'll be back.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Kirk H
Providence, Rhode Island
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cold Day Great Diving!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

The conditions were not ideal out on Molasses Reef below 60 air temp and low visibility but the staff upon check in had great attitudes and were ready to make the experience as enjoyable as possible. The guides Jason and Owen were great and split us into groups of 6 to take us through the sites. Graham and Mike were entertaining on the ride out and surface interval and very helpful with equipment. The entire Rainbow Reef experience was great and they do an amazing job making the customers experience as easy as possible! I truly felt like I was on vacation... minus the freezing weather.!

1 Thank Katie C
St. Marys, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best recommendation ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We were referred by someone at the Key Largo Cottage and am SO GLAD we was. This was a blast and WILL become a quarterly trip for us. We have been to the Key's about 5 times a year on business but now have somewhere to enjoy a great pleasure. Great staff, boat, & time.

WE LOVED IT

1 Thank John - Lisa S
The Woodlands, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great Operation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My 15-year-old son and I dove with Rainbow Reef in early March and completed our Deep Diver specialty with one of their instructors - Claude. Claude was a very professional, thorough, and thoughtful instructor. I would be more than happy to work with him again. The whole staff was always very friendly and helpful. The conditions on the water were a little cold and choppy. We were informed that it was likely to get worse in the afternoon, and they happily let us cancel our remaining dives for the day. I don't ever want to pressure anyone into diving, and so when my son was no longer interested in more dives, we stopped. Prices were reasonable, and service was good on the boat and off. I can't recommend them highly enough.

1 Thank Glimfeather