“Outstanding Dive Trips”

Rainbow Reef Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 125 Tours in Key Largo
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I dove with RRDC the first week of Nov, 2012. Did 3 trips (6 dives) with them. My experience was outstanding. Capt Dean, Courtney, Megan, Anna, Calvin were all great (sorry can't remember the other DM and guides names). Melanie was wonderful when we checked in as well. I truely do not have one negative thing to say about any of the employees at RRDC. The internship program they offer to people is amazing, I don't think you could find something like this anywhere else. We were all given a thorough brief prior to diving and the whole experience could not have been any safer or more pleasurable. I highly recommend diving with RRDC if you are ever in the Keys.

There are newer reviews for Rainbow Reef Dive Center

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Became PADI certified in November through RR. Really enjoyed the experience and was impressed with the knowledge of their young, courteous staff. I plan in diving with them again in the near future . Highly recommend .

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I booked through Rainbow Reef completely blind, we had no ide who they were. After the first trip I knew we had lucked out. As a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer I expected alot from them and they did not disappoint. The staff were friendly, knowledgable and helpful far in excess of what I have come to expect from Florida dive operations. The boats were in good shape as were all the equipment I saw. We didi a night dive with another operation and the difference between the two shops was amazing. I will be recommending them to any diver from our shop heading to the Keys.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is the third year that I have dived with Rainbow Reef Dive Centre and cannot speak highly enough of them. This year I took my daughter with me, and would not trust her safety to a company unless I was sure it was good. I have been diving for 35 years and my daughter just over a year. Rainbow Reef tell you exactly how it is, even if that might put you off for the day. This year we had a couple of breezy days so diving was cancelled. In UK they diving would have probably gone ahead regardless. This company really did put safety first. I noticed some other companies were still going out which suggested they were possibly putting money over safety. Day 3 was a bit choppy and they told my daughter she might feel a bit sea sick. As it was, all was fine. A couple of people were a little bit green round the gills, but it was actually quite calm compared with UK waters. The boat was very spacious, fast and well set out. It got us out to the reef within about 25 mins so less time on the boat and more time in the water. We then had 2 hour long dives. Some companies I have dived with give you smaller cylinders, therefore less water time. We used 12 litre cylinders, therefore plenty of time underwater and plenty of air left at the end. I've noticed a negative comment about the dive guides being inexperienced. Every time I have been, I have always used a guide and they have always been very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Our guide Nikki knew where everything was and pointed out dozens of fish that I was have missed, including a couple of turtles and a nurse shark. As another bonus, plenty of bottled water and chocolate cookies after the dive and we didn't even have to carry any of our own cylinders! All in all, first class service and a company that I will always dive with when I return.

1  Thank 59dave
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I failed to review Rainbow Reef when we dove with in October 2011. We had just escaped from a hurricane in Belize and upon landing in Miami we decided to go down to Key Largo and see if we could get a few dives. We called from the airport and they took care of booking our room and trip on the spot!! Hotel is right at the dock where the boat is so your walking like 100' at best.

Was a little rough but we did get to dive the Speigel Grove wreck and another wreck I can't remember right now. The boat was in good condition, crew was all very professional and the captian did a great job inspite of less then favorable conditions.

The only thing missing was hot water hose. We have become spoiled as our local dive boat has a hot water wash down hose, really nice for taking the chill off on the SI.

I would dive with them again for sure, I think their operation is very good and they take good care of the customer and I'm sure the Hot water will be there for on next dive with them....lol. Hint hint