“cant believe it” 1 of 5 bubbles

Denny's
Ranked #49 of 133 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Woodstock, Vermont
“cant believe it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband badly wanted some late night food and Denny's was the only place open so why not go there it's Denny's we know what to expect. Wrong! One problem after another, Service was a nightmare and the food could not have been worse. How can bacon and eggs be messed up that badly? Would rather have had gas station hot dogs

Visited April 2013
2 Thank mountainmommaa

Florida Keys, Florida
“From bad to worse!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Denny's is brand new in the Keys and I was looking forward to its opening. The first visit was my 3 kids and husband and I coming in for a dinner. The place is bright and cheery and very clean looking. Quite busy for a Wednesday night at 7pm, but lots of staff on hand. Our server seemed very flustered as if this may be her first ever waitressing gig. My kids ordered a junior grand slam which includes one egg, one strip of bacon and 3 pancakes. Our ordered arrived, took quite a long time, without the pancakes. So literally a big plate with one egg and one strip of bacon. When I pointed it out to the server she said..oh no I forgot! Did you still want them? Ummm..well ya since IM PAYING FOR THEM! Took forever for the pancakes to come, my kids were hungry and cranky. Very slow, inexperienced service. The family next to us stomped off furious while we were still eating because of the painfully slow service. Not a great first impression.

But that being said, thought it might be just opening pains and with time it would get better. VIsited today with my mother for lunch and it was so much worse! So we are seated, order and I received 2 eggs, once of which was raw on top of my potatoes, sausage and peppers. So i showed the server and she says, okay I will bring you plate. No idea why she is doing this and she says you scoop the egg onto the plate and I will have them cook them some more. I say well if I do that the raw egg is going to run all over the rest of my lunch. So she sighs and takes the whole thing away and comes back with everything REALLY overcooked..but I am hungry and start eating. My mother comments that there seems to be a lot of smoke. I look down and realize the hot plate mitt on the handle is on fire! I stamp it out with my ice water quicky. Just then the waitress comes over and says ummm I have to leave so here's your bill..you need to pay me now. I hadn't taken more than 3 bites! So I pay up for our lunches and mention the fire and she says "oh" and leaves with the bill.

The worst comes when the manager comes over and asks how our lunch is. I say not good. He says "oh we didn't wow you?" I say no and tell him about my raw egg, overcooked lunch and the small fire at my table. He says..get this.."well maybe we'll do better next time" and walks away! Hey Denny's manager...THERE WON'T BE A NEXT TIME!

Do yourself a favor and head to Mrs Macs, Made2Order, Chad's..ANYWHERE but here! Lots of places in Key Largo/Tavernier for good fresh food and great service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Melissa M
Hartford, Michigan
“Brand New Restaraunt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great fast service, and delicious food. Will have a full service bar in there by the end of April. Great location and very affordable.

Visited April 2013