“Used to be better”

Tiki Bar
Ranked #59 of 143 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Gilbert's Resort has been serving locals and tourists for well over half a century. This iconic Tiki Bar is known for its awesome seafood, unique speacialty drinks and showcasing local and national bands and musicians. Hear the latest in classic rock, modern rock and top 40 at the largest Tiki Bar in the Keys every day of the week. Come get your groove on select nights such as Thursday's ladies' night and country night on the first Friday of every month. Open every day at 11am and closes when the party stops (usually 11pm weekdays and midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had the special Gilbert’s fish sandwich and it was square. Obviously they are serving frozen and not fresh. Been stopping here for 4 years and food quality had gone down but the drinks and sunset views are out of this world!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (270)

Reviewed January 15, 2020

This is the first and last stop in the Keys! The view is very nice. Something about the water that is so relaxing! The drinks are strong, the food doesn't seem like it’s really fresh. I had the lobster bisque, which was not too bad. I also had conch fritters. The service at the bar each time I went was adequate. Not spectacular. I would recommend going here at least once. Preferably I’d recommend you go on your way heading to the Keys. It will get you in the right mood..

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 12, 2019

This place wa fixed for nothing because now has reduce space in ground floor, and poor customer service.
I was there ,take a table ,(Was no body in the front) after 10 minutes a person in not too good attitude came and ask me do you registered in the front ??? No body there I answered, well stay there I will sent somebody, 15 minutes later no body came, ask to a lady walking around if no waitress there , and She said, the problem we only have 2 servers...... I wait 10 more minutes and nothing happen, ,as core The Excellent manager they has before is not longer there. ,.. and the one is there now, look He does not that is a busy place for tourist , prices went up too ... and also the counter they have before where you can order by yourself was close too....I went to The Seafood Buffet , for less pricee and better food.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 6, 2019

Pulled up a stool to the bar and got a quick hello from the server. I ordered a 1944 Mai Tai and she responded, "I'll see if we have Orgeat". Good answer and they did. No fruit juice, no orange, just a perfect Trader Vic Mai Tai with squeezed lime juice and a lime. Nice treat with a good view on the water. Thanks for getting it right.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 11, 2019 via mobile

As a traveller from the uk, the customer service in the u.s. has always been fantastic until I visited Tiki Bar at Gilbert’s. The website said live music every night. When we arrived, it looked run down. You’re not greeted, you seat yourself and then wait, and wait and wait. We ordered drinks which took forever to arrive and when they did they were in plastic glasses. The food was served by a miserable lady with no care or charm whatsoever. We had no cutlery and had to start eating with our hands. The hotdog bun was soggy and I had to get up to complain to the server who stated that if I sat outside, the food could get wet by the rain. This was not the case, the bun was placed on wet pickles. The manager came over with a replacement and offered no apology and just said, here’s a dry hot dog. The server did try to help and offered a complimentary cup of wine but it was too late by then. The food was incredibly poor and over priced. The service was slow at best. The rest rooms were disgusting. This is the most unpleasant place I’ve ever eaten at.

Date of visit: October 2019