“It was OK”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Otley, West Yorkshire, UK
“It was OK”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the concierge in our hotel and also endorsed by our taxi driver. However, we can't say we were enthralled with it - we ate better elsewhere in Key Largo. A bit disappointing really.

• Visited September 2013

Hagerstown, Maryland
“Not key lime pie”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were in Key Largo and one of my goals was a piece of good key lime pie. Someone at our resort recommended The Encore, so we stopped in for dessert. The menu called it key lime pie, but it was the most disappointing I've ever had. It was a tiny piece, and lacked any of the flavor of key lime that I've had on previous trips to the keys. Sorry Encore, but not good at all.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Donald M
San Juan Capistrano, California
“Another good fish restaurant in Key Largo”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We ate at Encore the next night after visiting The Fish House. My husband and I did not have reservations but were lucky enough to get a table without much wait. The place was packed. They have an outdoor seating that was really cute and romantic. My husband ordered a seared ahi for appetizer and a grouper Fish Encore style. I got a sushi dish that I cannot remember anymore. The seared ahi had a nice flavor and was very fresh. The Fish Encore grouper was great, again not quite as awesome as Lazy Days but maybe Lazy Days was excellent to us because it was our fresh catch. We had a problem with my sushi. I'm not sure if they forgot about it or what but it took more than 30 minutes for it to arrive. By that time I've had half of my husband's entree and was full. I'm not sure if I was disappointed by the time the sushi arrived but I honestly can't remember how it was. I'm guessing it was just okay considering it's so unmemorable. We did not get to have dessert as we were so full. I'm pretty sure their Key Lime Pie would be excellent too seeing that they are connected to the Fish House.

My husband and I will come back here again, hopefully soon.

• Visited April 2013
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
“Yummy Lionfish”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I didn't want to leave KL and not tried the Lionfish! I saw some on the reef and not being able to do anything about it at least I wanted to support the consumption of this invasive species! I heard that The Encore was great place to sample it and boy were they right! I had the Lionfish Matecumbe style and it was DELISH!! it was delicate and flaky! Better than hog!!! The Matecumbe preparation was truly delicious and the portions were huge! For Appetizer we had the fried green tomatoes and for dessert we HAD to have the Baby Grand Piano!! Trust me, you just HAVE to do it!!

• Visited August 2013
Key Largo, Florida
“Very "Keysy" in appearance, but the food is awesome”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I live in Key Largo and dine out frequently. When we have family and friends visit, this is one of the few places we are confident they will enjoy and have an outstanding meal. One of the things I like, besides a wide variety of both local fresh seafood and turf dishes, is the variety of available preparations. You can have your fish prepared in 10 different styles, from a very simple pan sateed butter, lemon & sherry (my favorite) to an extravagant Fish Matecumbe or Flagler (which people in my parties have told me is excellent) which is too much for me. We get the Fried Green Tomato appetizer almost every time and it's always great. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed in the Lobster Mac, good taste, but not much lobster. Deserts are great, including their specialty white chocolate piano with chocolate mouse. All in all, it's a great place and is a better buy than several other high end Upper Keys restaurants. Try it, I'm sure it won't disappoint. P.S. If you have a birthday in your party, alert Encore and they will bring out the "birthday fish" complete with candle and complementary photo. A fun memory not to be missed.

• Visited July 2013