“Memorable Dining!”

The Fish House Encore
Ranked #11 of 139 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This Property is Temporarily Closed Due to Hurricane Irma, closed until further notice. We will reopen again at a later date with a new exciting concept.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

First of all, Trip Advisor, take that misleading picture off the site. That is the Encore in Las Vegas, not the cute little homey restaurant on Overseas Highway in the Florida Keys! It is so unassuming on the outside that we were surprised to see the lovely interior with dim lighting, a player piano and beautiful decor. We chose to sit outside and my only complaint was that the old plastic tables and chairs could either use an update or perhaps a tablecloth to cover the table instead of the paper placemats. Perhaps that is the look they are trying to achieve. We were fortunate to have Shantel as our waitress because she was very helpful without being overly attentive. I started with an infused pineapple vodka martini which was delicious and potent, especially the large piece of infused pineapple that garnished the glass. Could only handle one of those. My husband was happy that the restaurant carried non alcohol beer, which is often difficult to find. I started with a salad which was made with the freshest ingredients and a half of a tomato. Tasty blue chees dressing. The hot rolls were delicious. We both had fish prepared matecumbe style which was with tomatoes, capers, onions and lemon juice. I had mahi mahi and he had yellowtail snapper. They were both excellent as were the fresh vegetables and red potatoes that accompanied it. We had no room for dessert but it looked like a fabulous dessert menu. We went next door to The Fish House, the original restaurant, to check it out and it seemed to have a similar menu with more fried options. Can't wait to return to Key Largo and to revisit this great restaurant.

2  Thank sabrams13

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had excellent meals. Very efficient service. Tight parking though, especially for handicap parking. On the pricey side.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a must visit place to eat. Try the Lion Fish. You will not be disappointed. sushi and sashimi were excellent. Bar staff is very friendly and food is down right awesome.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were there with friends in February. It was a busy night & did not have a reservation. The staff was friendly & accommodating. We had to wait a few minutes, but ended up getting a seat at the bar. The bartender was very knowledgeable about the food. We ended up eating at the bar. We all had different fish dishes that were all excellent. We shared the fried green tomato appetizer & it also was a pleasant surprise. We will definitely be back on our next trip to Key Largo.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

All our friends and relatives that visit insist on going to Encore for Dinner. The thing about Encore is it is always consistently good. I would recommend making a reservation for either inside or outside dining. The outsdie does have heaters for a chilly night. My biggest problem is making a choice. I seem to always go to the Grouper Oscar, so yummy. My 6 year old son loves all the fish here plus the lobster mac and cheese. You can sit inside at the bar area and watch them make sushi. The Lion Fish are pretty cool looking in the tank. I am not sure about ordering it but maybe someday. Some of the prices may be expensive but good fish is expensive these days.