“Great Burger!”
Review of Category Three Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Category Three Bar & Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Category 3 Bar&Grill is located in Key Largo at 99246 Overseas Highway. Award winning burgers, soups, wings and frozen mugs of beer. Casual atmosphere and family friendly. Open Wednesday thru Monday 11am-10pm We are the alternative restaurant choice in the upper keys.. When you are tired of seafood, come see us and get your burger on! We also offer carry-out and catering services. Great beer and wine selection and fresh homemade desserts.. Come see for yourself!! (Inside Seating ONLY)
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Nice place, Great Burger with a great selection of Burgers. But stick with the burger menu. My wife strayed off with less than great results. Great service as well. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We went back to Cat 3 on our trip to Key Largo this May. The waitress remembered us! The food (clam chowder and shrimp for me, mahi-mahi for my dining companion) was excellent, and the draft beer was cold as always. The service was friendly and exceptional. We will make this a regular stop on our trips to the Keys!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Ran across this place as we were exploring the Keys for the first time. The service was very good (Virginia), the atmosphere a little lacking (as it is in most 'dives'), and the food was very good. I had the pattie melt and the sandwich was very good - not the best burger I've ever had, but still, a very good burger - not sure, but it tasted like ground sirloin, whereas I prefer my burgers to be ground chuck as they are usually juicier than sirloin or round. The portions of cole slaw and potato salad were a little small, but tasty and the fries were nothing special, but were a good sized portion.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Just returned from a trip to Key Largo after a weekend of diving. We were there for three days and this was the last restaurant we went to before leaving and it was absolutely the best. The food was outstanding, beer selection was impressive considering what I had seen from other restaurants in the area, and the waitress did a knock out job being attentive yet professional. As a note, I took the chance and ordered my burger medium rare, which I typically will avoid in restaurants I am not acquainted with. Cat 3 is differently somewhere where if you want the best results, order the burger medium rare. Overall, tremendous experience. Greatly recommended.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We wanted a burger after eating fish for the last several days. So, we checked Trip Advisor and after reading one review we gave it a try. Typically would be hesitant to pull into a place that looks a little run down on the outside. Get over that real fast. The burgers are awesome! This place did not disappoint and totally lived up to the review.
We had the Category I burger with the German potato salad. The angus burger was tasty and cooked exactly as we ordered. The bun was super fresh as was the nice, ripe tomato. The German potato salad was served warm and was very good.
The interior has a "hurricane" motif with pictures on each table of previous hurricanes. The story of the owners (noted on the menu cover) is heartwarming and personal. Amanda was our server and was very attentive and friendly.
We highly recommend and will stop again!