“Really good burger”
Review of Category Three Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Category Three Bar & Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Category 3 Bar&Grill is located in Key Largo at 99246 Overseas Highway. Award winning burgers, soups, wings and frozen mugs of beer. Casual atmosphere and family friendly. Open Wednesday thru Monday 11am-10pm We are the alternative restaurant choice in the upper keys.. When you are tired of seafood, come see us and get your burger on! We also offer carry-out and catering services. Great beer and wine selection and fresh homemade desserts.. Come see for yourself!! (Inside Seating ONLY)
Nashville, Tennessee
“Really good burger”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Ran across this place as we were exploring the Keys for the first time. The service was very good (Virginia), the atmosphere a little lacking (as it is in most 'dives'), and the food was very good. I had the pattie melt and the sandwich was very good - not the best burger I've ever had, but still, a very good burger - not sure, but it tasted like ground sirloin, whereas I prefer my burgers to be ground chuck as they are usually juicier than sirloin or round. The portions of cole slaw and potato salad were a little small, but tasty and the fries were nothing special, but were a good sized portion.

Panama City Beach, Florida
“Best Meal in Key Largo”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Just returned from a trip to Key Largo after a weekend of diving. We were there for three days and this was the last restaurant we went to before leaving and it was absolutely the best. The food was outstanding, beer selection was impressive considering what I had seen from other restaurants in the area, and the waitress did a knock out job being attentive yet professional. As a note, I took the chance and ordered my burger medium rare, which I typically will avoid in restaurants I am not acquainted with. Cat 3 is differently somewhere where if you want the best results, order the burger medium rare. Overall, tremendous experience. Greatly recommended.

South Florida, Florida
“The Keys Best Burger”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We wanted a burger after eating fish for the last several days. So, we checked Trip Advisor and after reading one review we gave it a try. Typically would be hesitant to pull into a place that looks a little run down on the outside. Get over that real fast. The burgers are awesome! This place did not disappoint and totally lived up to the review.
We had the Category I burger with the German potato salad. The angus burger was tasty and cooked exactly as we ordered. The bun was super fresh as was the nice, ripe tomato. The German potato salad was served warm and was very good.
The interior has a "hurricane" motif with pictures on each table of previous hurricanes. The story of the owners (noted on the menu cover) is heartwarming and personal. Amanda was our server and was very attentive and friendly.
We highly recommend and will stop again!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Quesadilla burger is the best!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Great burgers and good service. If you tire of fish, check out this gem and have some delicious burgers, stuffed with bacon, cheese, mushrooms. Go visit!

Travelers Rest, South Carolina
“Obviously more interested in the bar than the grill.”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The waitresses were far more interested in serving drinks to the patio than taking our order. We waited a long time just to get our order in, and then the food came out overdone, or even burned, because they had gone back to just serving drinks.

The burger wasn't all that good and the quesadillas only a little better. Fries were burned.

2 Thank Fjshdnci
bill B, Manager at Category Three Bar & Grill, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry you did not enjoy your experience at Category 3. We always strive for excellent customer service as well as excellence in our food. So much, that we stand by it with a guarantee. If you do not like what you have been served, by all means, we will take it back and not charge you for any of what you have not consumed. However, if you are asked repeatedly how your food is and you tell us it is good, there is not much that can be done. I believe I was in the restaurant when you visited, and I do apologize you felt that I took too long to take your order, etc. Sometimes, we get a group of customers that have been drinking previous to coming to our restaurant, and being that I am in charge of the front of the house, I have to practice managerial duties, and keeping the customers outside under control is one of those duties. We have a junior server who needed my help, and I apologize if that hindered my service to you. We hope you will give us another try, and thank you again for visiting Category 3. Enjoy your time in the Keys,.