“Local ”
Review of Category Three Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Category Three Bar & Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Category 3 Bar&Grill is located in Key Largo at 99246 Overseas Highway. Award winning burgers, soups, wings and frozen mugs of beer. Casual atmosphere and family friendly. Open Wednesday thru Monday 11am-10pm We are the alternative restaurant choice in the upper keys.. When you are tired of seafood, come see us and get your burger on! We also offer carry-out and catering services. Great beer and wine selection and fresh homemade desserts.. Come see for yourself!! (Inside Seating ONLY)
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are locals, this is one of our most favorite restaurants, the burgers are phenomenal and the staff are so friendly

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I got the Category 3 with Swiss cheese. Simply amazing. Juicy and the cheese stringed when I took a bite. Great fries too.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

The Cat 3 Bar and Grill has great ambience, some excellent bar choices including some craft beers, friendly staff and and excellent menu providing some really tasty food

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We evidently arrived right after a group of 11 who sat outside overlooking the water. My son and I ordered pretty straightforward food: a stuffed burger for him and a wedge salad with chicken for me. Well into our second beer, I asked "we DO have food coming, right?," and the waitress said the kitchen was really backed up with this group of 11. Since there were only four people inside the restaurant, I'd hate to see what happens when they get REALLY busy... It took us 90 minutes to get our dinner finished--no excuse for that. The waitress did comp a third beer for us. The food was excellent--my adult son said it was the best burger he's eaten, and the chicken seasoning on my wedge was superb. It's kind of a funky place, all about hurricanes that have hit Florida, so some of the pictures are not for those who are wanting to move here... They do have a great IPA bottled under their restaurant name on tap. They really don't serve seafood, which can be a welcome change if you've been here awhile. They specialize in stuffed burgers (my son's was Hawaiian, with pineapple). They not only taste good, but are appealing visually. It's a good place to eat, but I hope our lengthy meal isn't the standard for them.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I decided to go check out Key Largo for Mother's Day and grab a bite. We saw Category 3 on Trip Advisor which was one of many places we were considering. I had a strong urge to try Cat 3 and we are so pleased we did. The feel of this place is really laid back and comfortable with a large outdoor patio. The attentiveness of everyone we met staffing the restaurant, are family. The menu featured an array of mouth tempting appetizers (even Pierogies, stuffed jalepenos & bacon wrapped shrimp just to name a few) along with a long menu of burger possibilities. Eric was torn on the burger stuffed with pulled pork but ultimately settled on "The Perfect Storm," a juicy, succulant burger stuffed with jalepenos & topped with more jalepenos, pepper jack & bacon. I had the Island Burger which had a tasty coconut sauce and grilled pineapple. Big Yum - Plan on not eating the rest of the day as these are cooked to perfection and gianormous. The sides include fries, tots, mac & cheese and their slaw IS NOT DRENCHED IN MAYO - so good. Besides the amazing food is the phenomenal story of this family. The mom Lorraine lost her husband to cancer during Wilma and her son lost his wife to breast cancer. After their personal hurricaine, Bill and Lorraine started Cat 3 because life is too short. Sarah, Bill's daughter was our server and a delight (by the way - beers are truly ice cold) and this is a wholly family run business. On the breast cancer path myself at the moment, I felt like it was fate we were supposed to have lunch at Cat 3 that day. There is a wonderful tribute wall to Lorraine's husband and Bill's wife and the restaurant motto is "Live Life." Long winded I know...Lastly, you also must try the Key Lime Pie - it's Lorraine's special recipe and is by far the best we have ever had.