“Good food with ocean view”

Snook's Bayside Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 141 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We went to that place a couple of times last January for drinks and dinner. It's a sport bar as well as a restaurant with outdoor seatings overlooking the ocean. The bar is tucked in the front and
The restaurant area is a bit removed by the ocean. The food was really good with good service. There was a very good band playing the night we had dinner. I miss the sunset there.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,644)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Wonderful dining experience in great setting. Outdoor dining is a treat with a Hawaiian feel. Overlooks the Gulf. Excellent food; Hogfish & Stuffed Mahi were a treat. Gotta try the Key Lime Pie also. A treat that we will go back to!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We visited Snook on a Saturday evening and were surprised to find out they were hosting a luau! It didn't start until 6:30, so we decided to eat from the bar menu and sat at the lore bar overlooking the water. This area has its own bar hosted by none other than the amazing Derek! Talk about first class service, Derek and his team went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and he served up the very best cocktails on the Key.

We started with a plate of fresh stone crabs and I splurged for the surf and turf that came with a crab cake on top. Yum! My wife had a top notch burger. It was a beautiful night filled with fire dancing, hula dancers, a fun scene and a wonderful staff. If you're looking for the best sunt spot on Key Largo, you cannot go wrong at Snook.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We were searching for a place to watch the sunset and decided to stop here. We made reservations and were immediately seated. However it took over 10 minutes for our server to take our drink order, then that long to get our drinks. He then waited another 10 minutes to take our food order (didn't ask if we were ready when he dropped off our drinks). After ordering, at least 3 different orders were brought to our table, until we received the order that was actually ours. I had surf n turf kabobs, as I wasn't overly hungry. They were good, not great but good. It has a good atmosphere, but I don't know if I'd return. Other places have much better food/service that allow you to dine on the beach.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I'm a creature who likes familiarity, so I often return to restaurants over and over if they leave a great enough impression. If I had not sworn off my old favorite local Key Largo restaurant last time I visited, I would never have ventured into Snook's looking for a change. Lucky me! Fabulous pistachio encrusted yellowtail! Perfectly cooked vegetables! Wonderful live music by Scott. And best of all... we were thrilled to learn James, our favorite bartender in the keys, now works here! Best margarita I had all vacation! We returned twice in three weeks and the quality never varied. Tables were hard to come by a couple of nights, so we just ate at the bar. I almost balked at the $29 price tag on the yellowtail, but it was cooked to perfection and well worth the price. Don't let the unsightly and difficult-to-find drive into the restaurant put you off. This is worth the effort.