“Very good food and nice waitstaff”

Snook's Bayside Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 139 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The view is beautiful with music every nite. Waitstaff and bartenders are very friendly. Great place to sit, relax, have a good drink and watch the sunset.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My managers and I came here for a business meeting and the service was horrible. We get there and it was slow and we waited a good 5 minutes before we saw a hostess and when she comes she tells us it will be a 15 minute wait for a table and they had tons of open tables. So we go to the bar to have a seat and we got over looked. We get our table and we order drinks (which did not take long) however we order one appetizer the calamari and it took forever to come out and when it did it was cold. Like I said before, I have been here before and this was the only bad experience I had.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We recently made a paid ($50 cover + tax?) beach table reservation a day ahead to attend Snook's Pig Roast Luau. We arrived 10 minutes before our 6 pm seating reservation on the beach to discover there was no reservation for us. Luckily, Sara the owners daughter who had taken the reservation remembered us and had us stand off to the side of the reservation line on the beach area while they tried to figure out what to do with our party of 5. While we waited, right next to us, a server tried to talk a happy hour table of 6 into staying at their table on the beach for the Luau. They declined and left. When I inquired about us being seated at the table just vacated, I was told it was a table for 6, not 5. At 6:20 we were seated at a table not out on the beach, but in the bar area the furthest from the Polynesian Flame Dancers show which took place in the midst of the beach tables. A server brought our party of 5, only 2 food menus and 1 liquor menu. She returned a few moments later and took our drink order and removed all of the menus she had just brought. A different server brought us our drinks and I informed him our menus had been taken away and he promptly returned with the required number of menus. It is now 6:45 and we are just getting menus. Another server (manager?) was providing complimentary drinks (3/4 oz shooters). While we waited for our meals to be served (at 7:30) I went to the bar to order us another round of the shooters (perhaps Bailey's). The bartender provided them and gave me a bill for $45 for five 3/4 oz shooters. I burst into laughter and politely informed the bartender that I was not going to pay $9 each for 3/4 oz shooters and returned empty handed to our table. Just as our meals arrived, the show (which we could not see from our table next to the restrooms) began. Everyone enjoyed their meal except me. My mahi mahi was delicious, but the vegetable and starch were stone cold. I mean just out of the fridge cold! As everyone else was finishing their meal (7:50) we were informed that we had to be out by 8 pm to make room for the 8 o'clock seating. No problem. We were happy to leave, and we will never return. We have been patrons of Snook's since the mid 90's and with the exception of the down time after the fire, we have made a point of enjoying their hospitality. My wife and I were trying to make a special night for our company visiting from the west coast. What a disaster it turned out to be. Brian W.

1  Thank Brian W
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The outdoor waterfront seating at Snooks is delightful. There are tables on the sand with umbrellas for shade from the sun, as well as tables under cover, but open to the air. They also have a dock, so you can drive up and park your boat (which we did). The sunset view is lovely with the water lapping at the beach and breeze blowing. Service was a little slow, but we were there at a very busy time of evening. The food unfortunately was unremarkable. It was fine, certainly edible. But I don't think you go to Snooks for the food - you go for the view and the experience. They also had nice "island" music playing in the background. Fun experience. Reasonably priced and worth a stop.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were looking for a nice place to have drinks while in the Keys and we found Snook's - and wound up staying for dinner. This place is kind of tucked away behind other buildings along US 1, but it is worth looking for. There is a pink mailbox off of US 1 that will help you find the small road going back to Snook's. It doesn't look like much from the driveway, but there is a very nice indoor, patio seating, and bar area. The counter / bar seating that faces the Gulf is great for watching boats come and go and for watching the Sunset. About 5pm a single musician ( steel island band type-music ) setup, and he was great. Mojitos were excellent, and the fish we had for dinner was great. Excellent island vibe if that is what you are looking for.