“No complaints here”

Sea Dwellers Dive Center of Key Largo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sea Dwellers is a Key Largo SSI & PADI Dive Center and Resort Facility located in the Florida Keys. Offering Dive & Stay Hotel Packages with the Holiday Inn Key Largo Resort; Your boat is just steps from your room! Daily dive and snorkel charters, 5-Star Scuba Instruction for all members of the family. Scuba Dive Pennekamp Park and the Key Largo Marine Sanctuary of the Florida Keys.
Reviewed October 17, 2008

Very nice. No complaints is the best way to say it. Not blown away either, diving was better at Looe Key but still this was nice. :)

2  Thank ColoradoWwdiver

Reviewed July 8, 2008

Great staff really keeps a close eye on their guests. Good value and good boat. Typical large dive boat set-up.

1  Thank brentaruss
Reviewed May 16, 2008

It has been nearly a year since my dive experience with Sea Dwellers, and it was such a positive experience, and I had such a great time, I had to take time to share it. My husband and I took the advanced open water dive course there, and we found the staff to be wonderful. They were knowledgeable, friendly and professional, and even went out of there way to mail us a disk with pictures from our dives after we left. GREAT customer service, great prices. We will dive with no one else when we head back to the Keys. Thanks Conor!!!

2  Thank jkregans
Reviewed June 6, 2007

What makes this dive center better than the others - the staff and crew really care about your experience here in Key Largo.
All the dive centers here in the vicinity dive John Pennecamp preserve, so it really does matter how you are taken care of here at Sea Dwellers that make them stand out. All of your dive equipment can be rented from the shop. They are always mindful of the weather conditions and the diving ability of all on board - safety first. This cannot be said of all dive operations in Key Largo!
If you want to become a certified diver or want a specialty certification this is also available from Sea Dwellers.
Their dive package - Holiday Inn/dive combo price is a really great deal!
Diving time for each site is one hour.
Yes you may dive some sites, depending on the weather/current/visibility more than once, but I have never been dissappointed because I always see something different each dive. Just like anywhere else If you take your time and dive slowly and listen to their pre-dive site reviews you will come back on board smiling and if you have your camera along some great photos to show everyone back home.

2  Thank ozdiver
Reviewed April 17, 2007

We spent a week diving with Sea Dwellers with a group of 10 divers, novice to advanced. The staff, not including boat captains, were rude, short tempered, and overbearing with a general feeling of discontent. At the time of booking the dive trips, it was not clear to us that we would be on a boat loaded with young, sarcastic, critical instructors. Nor were we informed that all diving would be less than 40 feet with student divers all around us. Dive shop owners and staff were certainly NOT tourist friendly. Also, the partnering hotel accomdations were filled with unfriendly, tourist repellent staff. Having traveled with this group out of country numerous times, I was hoping for a more welcoming and friendly environment like we have encountered in other countries. Also, almost all of the restaurants in Key Largo had unfriendly staff and wait time for meals to be served took in excess of 1.5 hours. I guess the time for the keys to appreciate the revenue generated by tourists is a thing of the past. No more laid back friendly faces, willing to share their appreciation of the keys. Just give me your money and get out of my face attitude. Next dive trip we plan, will be gladly spent in a more affordable and hospital country. Goodbye Key Largo, enjoy your discontent on your own!
P.S. Thanks to the boat captains for making our trip at a minimum, tolerable.

10  Thank caymandog