“Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bay Harbor Lodge
Melbourne, Australia
“Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

We found Bay Harbor Lodge to be exactly what it said it would be on the website and more. We booked our trip from overseas and found Debbie to be helpful and friendly over the phone, and she was even more so in person during our stay. We got many helpful suggestions and tips from her.

The cottages are dated but very comfortable with everything you need in them. They are set far enough apart to provide privacy but close enough to the amenities to be accessible.

The ambience of the resort was very relaxed, friendly and respectful. Housekeeping was very attentive.

There are beach toys for the kids to play with which they enjoyed. The pool is great especially for the kids. There are a number of kayaks available to use which we did, and had the unexpected pleasure of seeing a manatee out bayside.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time, and would stay here again if we travel to the Florida Keys. Even if only to see the sunsets from the pier with our fellow resort guests - the sunsets were some of the most magnificent we have seen.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Ausmale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

I just came back from Key Largo, I was there with my husband and we stay at Bay Harbor Lodge, and I would deinitely recommend this place to anyone who is looking to have a quite relax vacation.. this place was amazing better than the pictures on the website. We had our breakfast every morning by the water, we did kayak and paddle boat everything was for free with our stay, we even had the entire pool to ourself to swim in it with no noisy kids. This place is very tropical with all the coconut trees and banana tree that they have, my husband even pick some banana that was great!!!! THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO ESCAPE.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

I really enjoyed our stay ... the staff is very friendly. the sunsets are gorgeous.
we had a room on the water (#25) which had a great view and a veranda. The only problem I had with the place was I could hear everything and everyone around us. If you are going with your lover be sure to grab a pillow to muffle your screaming..
it is quiet, secluded, charming, mature clientel and YES I would certainly return to this destination.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

I found the Bay Harbor Lodge with my daughter 8 years ago and I have returned every year since, either with her or my boyfriend and sometimes more than once a year. It's absolutely perfect. You won't find a friendler crew who bend over backwards to make sure all your accommodation needs are tended to. The cottages are well tended and clean and if you go the right time of year, you can simply slip into one of the kayaks on property and float around in the lagoon with manatees. Sunset on the pier never gets old, and I expect to return every year.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

The place is beautiful. It is very peaceful and relaxing there. Rooms were clean and kept clean. Pool was a little dirty though.
I was not impressed with the service though. The person at the front desk was not very friendly and even a little rude and tough at times. Everything was very strict. I also feel that this place is a little too pricey for what you get.
Although there is free paddleboats to use, there is only one available.
I would stay here again because it was so beautiful but only if someone else was in charge of the front office during my stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

I travelled for a wedding, the stay was very relaxing. Staff helped my sister with all of the arrangements. I found the accomodations to be very clean, with plenty of recreational activities available in the immediate area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

We came for my niece's sunsert wedding and the event was beautiful. There was a beautiful lawn that lead up to the waterside and lots of tropical foliage. The rooms were nice and there were many different types of rooms available. We actually had to change a room because the A/C unit in the first room was quite noisy. The staff accomodated us immediately once they were made aware of the problem. The staff is well knowledgible of the area and steered us in the right direction for meals and even gave us the option of 2 parks with playgrounds nearby to take our 3 year old. We had a great mini vacation and they did a good job assisting my niece with her wedding.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family