“To die for!”

Key Largo Fisheries Backyard
Ranked #9 of 140 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Key Largo Fisheries Backyard Cafe is a reflection of a laid back keysie style restaurant with outdoor seating on a covered deck. We offer a diversified and delicious menu. We have quality seafood at affordable prices. You can come dine on our deck or take your fresh catches home to enjoy with the family. We also have a seafood market that houses a variety of Fresh from Florida seafood. From Florida Lobster, Stonecrabs, Yellowtail Snapper, Mahi Mahi, Grouper and Hogfish to freshly made salads like Smoked Fish Dip, Conch Salad and Ceviche. We have it all!!! We also provide free tours!!! Call ahead to schedule your free tour of a local, working fishery. We are a family owned and operated business that has been in business since 1972. Come see everything from how we fillet the fish to packing ballyhoo to watching the fishermen unload their fresh catches.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We like it so well we ate there 3 times in a week. I bought fish dip from the retail shop and ate it all myself...went back to take some home to Montana. It made the trip fine in my checked bag. Everything we tried from the menu was very good.

1  Thank GamGam2010

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I come here a lot to get seafood to take home and cook. But this time
I actually stopped to try and sandwich and it was superb! I got the Lobster BLT although it was a little pricey it was awesome, I can't to go back and try some more things!

1  Thank Hali1010
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

This place gets rave reviews and seemed like exactly the kind of "local dive" that we were looking for. Unfortunately the food just wasn't very good. My wife had the the lobster B.L.T, and the lobster was tasteless. I had a blackened hogfish sandwich. The fish was actually very good, but the thick bun masked the taste and texture.

1  Thank Wildjohn2
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I don't know where to begin. Okay, the location is very nice. It's in Key Largo. Nice place. Assuming you don't mind non-stop tourist traps. I'll say this about the food: truly awful. The lobster? How do you make that tasteless? The fries? Cold as could be. Did they even bother to heat them before dumping them into the basket? The lobster BLT: a good idea gone terribly wrong. How long, just how long, had that bun been sitting in the freezer? Talk about freezer burn! It was repulsive!

3  Thank Hans50
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We dined at 3 highly rated establishments in Key Largo, the other two rated lower than this. We were happy to have had the opportunity to eat here, but this place ranks 3rd on our list. The seafood is very good and prepared in original ways, but we've had better in this town.

1  Thank UglyBuffalo