“Yum”

Key Largo Fisheries Backyard
Ranked #5 of 134 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Key Largo Fisheries Backyard Cafe is a reflection of a laid back keysie style restaurant with outdoor seating on a covered deck. We offer a diversified and delicious menu. We have quality seafood at affordable prices. You can come dine on our deck or take your fresh catches home to enjoy with the family. We also have a seafood market that houses a variety of Fresh from Florida seafood. From Florida Lobster, Stonecrabs, Yellowtail Snapper, Mahi Mahi, Grouper and Hogfish to freshly made salads like Smoked Fish Dip, Conch Salad and Ceviche. We have it all!!! We also provide free tours!!! Call ahead to schedule your free tour of a local, working fishery. We are a family owned and operated business that has been in business since 1972. Come see everything from how we fillet the fish to packing ballyhoo to watching the fishermen unload their fresh catches.
Davisburg, Michigan
“Yum”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We made this our first stop in Key Largo due to the great reviews, and we were happy with our meals. I ordered the Lobster Philly Sandwich and all the good reviews were "right on". It was a culinary delight and I would definitely order one again. (Beware of the ketchup bottle - my husband had it "blowout" on him and ended up with it all over him. :-( He did enjoy his meal after he settled down though) The coleslaw was not to my taste or the seasoned fries that both come with the meals but the sandwich was more than enough to fill me up - and I was very hungry!

• Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
“If you want to eat well, this is the place!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

All outdoor dining, and hours are limited until 6pm and 8pm on the weekends so not a place for late dinner. I read that the prices were high but it is one of the cheaper Key Largo eateries. I thought prices were fair for the portion and the taste. Wife and I both got a special buffalo yellowtail wrap with fries and slaw for $13. The wrap was very large and full of fish, and a good portion of fries. Will probably go back before we leave Key Largo.

• Visited August 2013
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Great Lobster BLT and Philly”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

After reading all the raving reviews for Key Largo Fisheries Backyard: Take Away Cafe, I knew we had to visit her and try one of their Lobster BLTs and Lobster Philly.

When we arrived, we parked across the street. We checked out their menu. It has a pretty wide variety of items: Mahi sandwiches, lobster salad sliders, shrimp burgers, fresh salads, wraps, grilled fish, etc.

I tried the Lobster BLT and my husband tried the Lobster Philly. Each of our meals came with French fries. We waited roughly 10 minutes and our orders were ready. My lobster BLT was pretty big. It was served on a croissant. The French fries were seasoned and were delicious. The sandwich was good, filled with lots of succulent sweet lobster. Each bite was better than the next.

My husband's Lobster Philly trumped the BLT: Lobster meat, thin slices of beef, cheese, all on top of garlic Texas Toast. It's hard to describe how this tasted. While one would think those combinations don't go together, it did. It was rich and delicious.

I will definitely be back to the Take Away Cafe!

Pros: Lobster BLT and Lobster Philly. The view from the picnic tables was great (view of the marina).

Cons: Prices were a bit high, but that's to be expected in Key Largo.

• Visited June 2013
Stuart, Florida
“Fresh Fish at its Best”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Key Largo Fisheries has always been our favorite place to pick up some excellent fish. The store has some of the best fresh fish in the Keys. So now they have added some very nice preparations to the best fresh fish, how very cool for us. Reasonably priced, well prepared and great staff make it all work. Stop by and give it a try.

• Visited July 2013
“Great outdoor place for fresh seafood! Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Lobster BLT, blackened Hog snapper, and dolphin fingers! Yummy!! We tried all 3 and we were very happy. Relaxed atmosphere at the boat dock. Kick back and enjoy great fresh seafood. Kid friendly. Fans on the deck and sun screens make eating outside enjoyable. I am not a person who likes to eat outside in hot weather but give it a chance, you'll love it. Hidden gem. It was great for 6 pm in 90degree day weather.

• Visited July 2013