“Right down the middle average”

Evelyn's Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 142 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Not bad, not good. Neither. Staff was friendly. The place sits right on the Overseas highway so the outdoor seating gets demerits for that. But most places in Key Largo are right on the Overseas Highway. I'd just say find someplace else to go. Food is what you expect for breakfast - nothing more. Why would I go out and pay for something we could make better at home.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were looking for a breakfast that could be easily mistaken for home-cooked and that's what we got. A big plus is that you can sit outside and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air.

The service was a little suspect at first, maybe because it was Easter Sunday and they had a more business than usual, but they recovered quickly and we received our food in a very expedient manner.

You have numerous choices from the menu. On this trip I chose eggs, bacon, potatoes, and a side of biscuits and gravy. I wasn't disappointed. It was just like home. And the prices were quite reasonable. Definitely cheaper than hotel prices.

Give the place a try when staying in Key Largo. Easy in and out. You won't be sorry. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick breakfast which wasn't so quick. Food came out fairly fast, but we had no silverware. Asked for coffee refill but we finished eating and the coffee never came. Asked for the bill but it too took too long so we had to go find someone to pay. Also, they use a slice of American cheese in their omelets, if you don't like that you may want to ask for something else, we weren't given a choice of cheese.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently spent a month in Islamorada. I was up in Key Largo one day early in my trip and hungry. I stumbled upon Evelyn's. At first glance, I thought the food was either going to be awful or really good. Luckily, it was the latter. Evelyn's became my go to spot for the month.

They have a different home made soup each day. The clam chowder had fresh, big pieces of clams and chunks of potatoes. It was out of this world. Their chicken tortilla soup was also amazing. They specialize in Mexican and seafood. The taco salad w ground beef was my fav. I probably had that about four times. The fried shrimp was excellent and my friend said the scallops were also very good.

Evelyn's is a nondescript restaurant w patio seating and a small inside dining area. You definitely don't go there for the atmosphere. But the food is awesome and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just finished a vacation in Key Largo. We came to Evelyn's twice. The food was outstanding. Portions were very generous and the price was very reasonable.

Nothing but very high recommendations for this place