“Good Place for Cuban and American Diner Food”

Evelyn's Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 137 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Hamden, Connecticut
“Good Place for Cuban and American Diner Food”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Evelyn's Restaurant at 103360 Overseas Hwy in Key Largo, FL has great American and Cuban Diner Food. We knewit was good when we pulled in because there were 3 sets of Firemen there when we arrived. Over the next several days we were there for breakfast and occasionally dinner. The food was great. We also saw whole crews of EMTs and local and state cops plus lots of locals. Get past the exterior and try them.

Mike and Pat Horn - Hamden, CT

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank OldeBear

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“A great stop!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Friendly, good service. A nice local stop on way home from Key West. We had shrimp and I seafood baskets, enchiladas and a Reuben. All were good!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't know how this place got such great reviews!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place was horrible. Looking for a quick lunch. My boyfriend ordered a buffalo wrap and the waitress brought out a piece of frozen and fried chicken on a bun with a little bit of hot sauce on top with an unmelted piece of American cheese. Chicken fingers were also frozen (Tyson chicken maybe). Service was slow and the mess up was 100% the waitress's fault. She wasn't paying when we ordered our food. She walked passed the table multiple times without realizing my water cup was empty. Definently never going back.

1 Thank Teekay592
South Florida, Florida
“Good for dinner too!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here while visiting Key Largo for a few days. The food and service were very good. The dinner menu is Tex Mex with a seafood spin -- I had the Mahi Mahi fish tacos, my wife had the seafood burrito, and we enjoyed them both. The prices are very reasonable.

I originally dismissed this restaurant when researching dinner options on TripAdvisor, because most of the reviews were about breakfast. We decided to try it anyway because it was near our hotel (the Marriott), and we're glad we did! (We walked from the Marriott, but I wouldn't recommend doing that, especially at night.)

Don't go here for the atmosphere or view -- it has neither. Go for the food and service -- you won't regret it!

2 Thank DeeEss
Miami
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I passed by this restaurant last night the service was fast and good. Our waitress' name was Lilly. My boyfriend loves to eat breakfast at all times of the day, when I asked if he could have something off of the breakfast menu she replied yes. To me that was just awesome. There isn't many places down here that serve breakfast in the keys. The food was good and very fresh. Definitely a must go to place.

1 Thank Travelfan217