“Very Good!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Grill at the Mandalay

Island Grill at the Mandalay
Ranked #36 of 133 Restaurants in Key Largo
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Oceanfront outdoor casual dining restaurant open 7 days a week! Join us at our new oceanfront bar everyday for happy happy hour from 4-6pm and we offer live music.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Very Good!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We are a party of four and on our way back from our Keys adventure we stopped for dinner and were very delighted....

Our server was Sandy and she was very friendly & attentive to our needs. Thank You!!!

We ordered the special Cajun Frog Legs appetizer which were excellent!!! Plus, we ordered the graham cracker crusted calamari which was very good but different than the usual. They aren't as greasy as the traditional regualr fried calamari. These were very good but different in taste and not a bit greasy.

I ordered the blackened Mahi Mahi sandwich with cole slaw. The cole slaw is sweetened with fresh pineapple which is a different twist on cole slaw. But, it was good. Not excellent but good.

Another dish was the grilled yellowtail sandwich with fries. He said it was very good.

My husband ordered the shrimp, oyster, crab cake sandwich with sweet potato fries. As I saw the cake it wasn't filled with the normal filler but I definitely saw the small shrimp, oyster and crab in the patty. He said it was EXCELLENT!!!! I want that the next time I go back.

The next person ordered a salad with two screwers of small shrimp which were grilled. I believe there were ten shrimp all together. She had her choice of dressings. It looked very good and refreshing. The greens were all fresh!

The draft beer was cold, Mai Tai was refreshing and great, the the house Pinot was good.

The prices were reasonable for the things that we ordered, The dinners started at $20 to $22 if I remember correctly.

We will definitely come back!!!! It's a GREAT place. There is indoor and outside seating.

terrasubaqua,com
“Off menu Pepper Head special: Ghost Wings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

If Justin is working the kitchen, and if you are fireproof order up the best ghost pepper wings you will find. They are not on the menu, but they should be on the sign out on the Overseas Highway!
Oh yeah they have live music and do sit at the waterfront bar.
Tell them the Rock Man sent you

Lakeland, Florida
“Gluten Free Options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Being gluten free, it is always stressful when traveling to find safe places to eat. They had gluten free options highlighted on their menu and even had gluten free pasta available. I had the guava baby back ribs and they were delicious. Great views, live music and tasty drinks. I ended up eating there twice on our trip due to the great food and ambiance. Staff was personable and timely.

Naples, Florida
“Beautiful View...makes you feel like your in the Islands”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My son wanted to take me out for a late Mother's Day dinner and we met up in Key Largo for a snorkeling/camping trip a week after Mother's Day. He asked me where I wanted to eat and I said someplace with ambiance (great view, cool breeze, outside dining and music), he googled and found Island Grill. We were really impressed with the atmosphere and it was very breezy and they had a gentleman singing and playing his guitar. The food was decent and we were all happy with it. It was just what we were looking for and would recommend it for the "laid back" island feel!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Stuart, Florida
“good view and great breeze”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food was okay, I'd go there again just for the view and the outside bar. The bartenders were great, very personable!

Visited May 2013