I found this little gem online. Once again, Tripadvisor was right on the money. Our group of 4 was very much in need of relaxation and rest. We found them and more at the Kona Kai. From our first welcoming hello, we began to decompress! Our rooms were well appointed, comfortable and very clean. Although on Route 1, the Kona Kai is tucked back on the bay and protected by manicured grounds that are cared for daily by diligent and very friendly caretakers. The highlight is the pristine and private beach and gorgeous vistas of the bay. The pool is well maintained and very inviting, but our favorite pastime besides hanging out was kyaking compliments of our hosts! Give Tracey, the General Manager a call. With only 11 rooms, you need to book in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo