There is no doubt that Kona Kai is a nice place ... BUT ... be very careful that they don't try to overcharge you. We dropped in earlier today and were quoted a price way over the highest published rate for this time of year. When I requested why I was being overcharged for the room (and only after a pushing for an answer) I was told that it was due to the Fantasy Festival in Key West. My geography of Southern Florida may not be the best ... but the hotel is located in Key Largo ... 100 miles away from the festival. Almost everyone we have spoken to today has stated that business is slow. Seems to me that we were being ripped off.
Anyway, we left and got a great room elsewhere for 25% less than the published rate.
Think carefully before you book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo