We stayed at Kona Kai for a week after a week at Disney with the grandchildren and what a contrast it was! It felt like a little oasis of paradise. The resort is of a very high standard and as it is just couples/adults it was very quiet and peaceful. The staff were very helpful and attentive, especially Tracey and Denise in reception who made us very welcome and offered good advice for getting the best out of our stay. We stayed in both the Breadfruit Suite and the Mango Room which were both lovely, although the Mango Room had no kitchen facilities apart from a fridge, which made it a bit awkward. Our recommendations for eating out were Sundowners and Snooks for both the food and their romantic waterside settings and Mrs Mac's Kitchen for it's amazing food and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo