The Keys! I could not believe my boyfriend wanted to stay local since we live in Fort Lauderdale...we had not had a vacation in over a year and here we were. I had one month to book and find a luxurious, secluded spot in the Florida Keys.
It took me three weeks and many hours of browsing until I discovered the Kona Kai Resort. The moment we found it on the web we knew...I know we sound "corny" but let me tell you about the "Experience".
If you like attention to detail this is the place for you. If you like privacy...perfect.
We stayed for one week and felt as if we had the place to ourselves. Of course there were other couples, yet we felt so isolated.
The grounds were kept beautifully. The landscaping was constantly tended to. Even the lovely beach sand was "manicured".
We encountered local wildlife as well. Although we had a kitchen and dining room in our suite, we ate at the Tiki hut and watched the local creatures We encountered Dolphin twice, a manatee once and of course, the resident squirrels that loved to steal our nuts! There is also "Max" the gorgeous pup that belongs to the owners. He loves FOOD and people!
Accomodations were lovely...TV, DVD, CD players in rooms. There were also outdoor grills and a lovely Tennis court. The employees at Kona Kai were thoughtful and detail oriented. Anything my Fiance and I needed we were provided.
The pool was heated to the perfect temp. Towels were provided for the outdoor areas. Hammocks were amazing. Ping pong was fun if you could peel yourself from the hammocks.
If you feel like fishing...well, get on the kayaks and borrow a fishing pole. If you don't feel like that, try snorkeling. Swim by their floating dock...you migh see the resident parrot fish! He's huge!!!
The suite was perfect and we were within several mile markers of many attractions.
Spend the extra $ to have a wonderful and luxurious experience. We did and we are very greatful to have met the lovely people at the Kona Kai.
Before I forget... the sunsets viewed at Kona Kai were the most beautiful! Robi and I can not wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo