We really needed some R&R away from the cold and busy schedules. Having never been to the Keys, we didn't know what to expect. I kept coming back to Kona Kai's listing and realized we really wanted the guarantee that a crying child or late night noise would not upset our relaxation and Kona Kai came through with flying colors. Also, important to me were well groomed grounds and the beautiful, labeled plants and the plant tour was one of my hi-lights. We stayed 4 nights per their recommendation and that was enough time to unwind and enjoy the quiet, tropical surroundings and sunsets. We stayed in the gardenview King bedroom and the coffeemaker, wine bottle opener, refrigerator were all we needed because I was not cooking on my vacation! The bed was average comfort and no wifi in the rooms had us tethering our components to my phone for internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery