My wife and I went for a couple of days last weekend (March 15-16) to "get away from it all!" That's exactly what happens here. It is beautiful! My wife, who is very picky when it comes to accomadations, said it was one of the nicest places she has ever stayed. That is saying alot coming from her! Everyone is so helpful and they make you feel like your home.
Great food that is close by too! Harriette's for breakfast and key lime muffins! Mrs. mac's for everything. Category 3 for burgers! Cafe Largo for pasta and excellent Long Island Ice teas! Go to bar behind Cafe Largo for a nightcap on the water!
Highly recommend this for couples who want to get away to peace and quiet! Beautiful sunsets!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo