Myself and my partner stayed for three nights, and the Resort offered a haven from the Signpost Madness that is Route 1 down through the Keys. We were visiting from Ireland, and so the chance to watch the sunset in shirtsleeves down on the jetty, take the kayak out, swing in the hammocks and swim in the warm pool was simply delightful. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, and I just wished that we had more time to enjoy the facilities there. Kona Kai reminded me of a small upmarket Asian resort..it has wonderfully maintained gardens with lots of spots to relax or barbeque. My only negative comment would be about the constant noise of the main road, not from the room, but from the pool or on the quay which is no reflection on the Resort, but its truly a shock when you think you are miles away from anywhere...!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by the same family since 1991 and a "Fodor’s Choice" selection since 2009, Kona Kai is a magical hideaway, teeming with the natural beauty of old Key Largo and hand polished into one of the most exclusive resorts in the Florida Keys. With all new accommodations in 2013, Kona Kai is reserved for adults. Offering highly praised personalized concierge service, Kona Kai is regularly recommended by leading travel publications and websites. SInce the 2011 addition of "The Botanic Gardens at Kona Kai," guests enjoy our gardens day and night; complimentary tours for all registered guests are offered by our staff ethnobotanist. Kona Kai is a classic Keys experience; the perfect alternative if you're seeking to avoid the crowds and formality of a big resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Kona Kai Resort, Gallery & Botanic Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Resort And Gallery
- Kona Kai Resort & Gallery Hotel Key Largo