“Lovely place....very relaxing”

Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed with a large group of scuba divers here from July 18 to July 21. First thing I noticed is how tropical looking the grounds appeared. Very appealing for those looking for a Floribbean vacation with their spouse. Lots of palms and flowering shrubs. Parking was a bit cramped for large vehicles but nothing impossible. I didn't use many of the resorts ammenities so I can't comment on those. I did find a hammock that needed my undivided attention for 2-1/2 hours. I'm telling you it was the most relaxing time I've had in a long time!!! Pure heaven!! There seemed to be many little out of the way quiet places to sit next to your spouse and spend some quality time watching the sun set. That is until the unsupervised kids come by making a racket. Bring some headphones! Other than the few kids it was a very quiet resort. The rooms were very nice. Beds were comfortable. Walk-in shower was great. I didn't go on any dives with the on-site dive shop but saw them leaving every morning so they must be pretty good. Also there's lots of good restaraunts close by. If I wasn't diving or wanting to eat out I would have been hard pressed to find a reason to leave that little oasis of peace and relaxation. All in all I was very pleased with my stay there and would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Terry H
KeyLargoMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Terry H, your review is greatly appreciated by everyone here in Key Largo! We are thrilled to hear you were able to find some relaxation time after your underwater adventures! Our hammocks will always be here for you!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been staying at the Marriott Key Largo Bay Beach Resort once a year for the last four years. In fact I gave them a five star rating back then. Last year our room was not ready so the manager ask if we didnt mind walking around the resort while they finish cleaning the room we said thats fine. As we walked around the resort the pool attendant started yelling at us for not having a key. I told him that the hotel ask for us to walk around and after that he tried to start a fight with me, I could not believe the attitude. This year 2014 all we hear from the staff is NO! We ask for a third towel at the pool the attendant said no you cant have another towel and we had to go to the front desk to get another towel card, someone most be stealing a lot of towels. The room has a refrigerator so we bought wine and when we ask the front desk, room attendant, and the bar if we can get a wine opener all we heard was NO, NO, NO.. I finally walked to the restaurant and they gave me one. Not one employee said they will bring me one as I said going down hill little by little. The Marriott Key Largo Bay Beach Resort is not a Resort anymore, they do have a great beach and the rooms are also very nice. Next year we will spend our money at another hotel. we had a good four year run but it ends today. What happened to a resort hotel that cost a lot of money taking care of its cliental?

Room Tip: Ask for a bayside room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank 92101sd
KeyLargoMarriott, General Manager at Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please allow me to apologize for all the NO's you received during your stay. I have been here for the last 12 years and we will make it a point to correect this issue with our staff.

Please call me personally the next time your travels bring you back to the Keys and our team will insure you receive the type of service and accommodations that made the Key Largo Bay Marriott one of your favorite spots to begin with.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days and it's breathtaking! Love this place. We had breakfast every morning and it was delicious. Beautiful clean rooms with amazing views of the ocean!
Highly recommend. Lots to do in the Keys while here! A++

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Crissi K

Thank you for spending your vacation with us! We appreciate your excellent review and your kind words will be shared with everyone! We hope you will visit us again soon and enjoy another relaxing vacation in paradise!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We took a short getaway trip to Key Largo. Been there many times never stayed at the Marriott before. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is very pleasant. Asked for coffee at the restaurant to take to room and received ice cold coffee at a high price. That was the only negative. The beds are Marriott great. The view from the room was spectacular. The pool area was clean and the pool was great. We'll be back because Key Largo is quiet fun.

Room Tip: ask for a Bay view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert S

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience here in Key Largo. We appreciate your kind words and glad you found the room spectacular. We are sorry the coffee was cold. Please inform us and we will be sure to fix this issue! Thank you for staying!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Lovely as you drive in. Pretty pool and beach area.
Room was fine Towel bar fell right off the wall. Big balcony. No tub, only shower.
Slow elevators.
The parking situation here is horrific! Not enough spots for the rooms. Underneath garage very hard to park in with tight turns and spaces.
Don't plan on finding a spot after 9 PM.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dotneko, thank you for sharing your review! We appreciate the feedback both positive and negative. There is always parking located in the north lot of the hotel with ample space for larger or compact vehicles. We hope the parking situation will not prevent you from returning to our resort!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Just got back from a 4 day stay..

Had a very nice time diving. Very convenient for diving and fishing charters are advl. right at the hotel. Pirate Island divers the dive shop on site is great they are totally professional and very helpful with new or inexperienced divers...

The Hotel is walking distance to some great restaurants and bars good location...

I had a great time and will return..

Room Tip: All the rooms had a view of the ocean or pool area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Texkitty1

Texkitty1, we are thrilled you enjoy your time diving here in the Keys. There are truly some magnificent underwater adventures to be explored. For your next stay, check with the dive shop as we offer special dive rates! We look forward to having you back in the future!

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This was one of our stops before going down to the keys. The property is gorgeous and large. Beautiful scenery with plenty of places to enjoy the sunset. When I read the reviews about iguanas being on property, they are NOT kidding! They are all over the beach area. They are near the bar area stealing out of the trash! They approach you begging for food. Some of them are not even scared of humans. For small children and some adults this can be quite scary. Thank goodness they are not viewed as a threat to humans.

As far as our room went, it was ok. Balcony was large and looked over the pool. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was slow to drain. At first our tv didn't work but engineering came promptly and it ended up being just a lose wire connection. (We checked that already but he made it work!) The rooms themselves were ok nothing fancy. Staff was friendly and helpful. Parking is tight but free. Kind of pricey but your paying for the location and name.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Floridatourist17
KeyLargoMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! The iguanas have become quite a staple here at the Marriott! We apologize about the inconvenience with your television, but relieved the issue was resolved. We will always be here for you!