“Stayed here for 3 nights great stay”

Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Key Largo
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Stayed here for 3 nights great stay”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights at part of our honeymoon enroute to the keys, reception upgraded us to the 4th floor beach view which was a lovely gesture and then sent champagne free of charge later that evening. We had our dinner on the balcony overlooking the sunset one night, overall great service very friendly staff and fantastic choice of breakfast. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dajs1980
KeyLargoMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dajs 1980, we are so glad you and your wife found our resort comfortable for your honeymoon! We hope you will return for your first year anniversary so we can recreate your memorable experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We only stayed one night on our way back home from Key West. Mostly to go to the Big Chill next door for their food and entertainment. But the Marriott was very nice. The bartender is fantastic! Pool area is very nice and there is a little beach on the water next to the pool. Didn't eat there. We had a regular room and it was nice. A little older but clean and had a balcony. It was just my husband and I, no kids. But there were a lot of families with kids there. Awesome iguanas hang out on the beach!

Room Tip: Probably the suites are much nicer. All seem to have at least a partial water view and a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen and Lee... R
Thank you! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit us again and enjoy paradise!
Boonton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 28, 2014

HUGE improvement in service!!
After many many stays at this resort, my review of our last two stays here was not very good, but the resorts general manager, John Haviaras, responded very quickly to my comments. As a result, my husband and I received a wonderful, warm greeting from Walt Pooley at the front desk--so much better than from someone else the last time we were here.

When I called for the reservations. I had asked for a king but was told that there were no more available. However, when we arrived, we were given a triple upgrade, so I'm assuming that Mr Haviaras, had a hand in this, as an apology for the poor treatment we received the previous two times. This was much more like all of our previous stays. Everyone was sincerely welcoming and friendly. The room itself was awesome. We were given a suite with a comfy king bed with lots of pillows and a second bedroom, a kitchen, a living room, and a huge balcony overlooking the water with a great sunset view--perfection! We were also given two days of free breakfasts instead of one. And a beautiful fruit platter was sent to our room.

Went to Breezer's as usual each evening, and Adam and Mario were there again on alternate days. Great guys, good service, nice conversation, and they both remembered our usual drink (frozen virgin mango daiquiri). See my separate review for Breezer's.

Breakfast at Gus' was great. They had lox and prosciutto--two of our favorites, in addition to omelets made to order along with a full menu. And Barbara and Winsome were awesome, as always. They greeted us on our first morning with hugs and catch-up chats.

Other improvements: the bathroom by the pool appears to have been somewhat improved. And the wi-fi is much better at the beach than it used to be.

I was able to thank Mr Haviaras personally as well. I, having worked as a client retention specialist for many years and working with unhappy clients to turn their issues around to retain their business, and valuing their surveys, especially the negative ones, can see that he is very responsive to complaints and does his best to ensure continued satisfaction and retain us as loyal customers. Thank you! We're very glad that we tried again--we'll be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue R
KeyLargoMarriott, General Manager at Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Glad you had a great time, we're always here for you.

John Haviaras
GM
Kansas city
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Took a family vacation to this hotel in Key Largo with the whole family!! This place was awesome! The hotel was Clean, safe, and family friendly. Only complaint is that I wish the beach was bigger and the elevator wasnt broken!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for staying with us here in Key Largo! We are thrilled your family found our resort to be a fit! We apologize the elevator was out of service! We have taken measures to ensure this does not happen again! Please come visit us again soon!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My wife and I stay at Marriott properties quite often - so our expectation level is quite high. We were pleasantly surprised because this hotel surpassed all of our expectations! The facility is clean and extremely well maintained. Our room was spotlessly clean with a beautiful view. The king size bed was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept on. The room had beautiful decor and a full set of amenities. The pool and their private beach was absolutely outstanding!!! And the hotel has free parking. We only stayed one night on our way to Key West, but in the future we plan on staying more nights at this fine hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with an ocean/bay view on the second floor. It was great, but I suspect that all...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MLNphoto, we are thrilled your expectations were surpassed during your stay! We strive to achieve brilliant reviews like yours! Your kind words will be shared throughout. Thank you!
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed June 17, 2014

It has been a while since I was this disappointed in a hotel. We only stayed for one night so not much could have been corrected. The rooms were tired and not clean. Stained carpets, furniture was scratched, cracked, dented and stained and the bathroom in the room was quite awful. This hotel is in desperate need of attention. Time for the Marriott white glove team to pay a visit.

Room Tip: I can't recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bellaviaggiatore
We apologize your stay did not exceed your expectations. We have taken measures to ensure correct the shortfalls you experienced during your stay! We hope you will give us another chance to show you how special our little corner of paradise can be!
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,044 helpful votes
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I should start by saying that I am a Marriott fan - given the choice, I always choose Marriott hotels. I am in their Gold membership tier, and honestly had very high expectations for this stay. I had booked the best part of a year in advance, and let the hotel know that I was taking two life-long friends as guests to celebrate their silver wedding. The perfect chance for Marriott to excel, right? Nope.

When we went to check in, we were served (after a wait) by the "employee of the month". Not a smile, not a word. Just took my paperwork, and proceeded to tap into the computer. I mentioned that "this young lady (pointing at my friend's wife) is celebrating her silver wedding anniversary this weekend. Not a word from employee of the month.

I asked if a room upgrade was possible - please give it to my friends I said, its their anniversary. With the look that says "I couldn't care less", we were told that the hotel was full and that upgrades (part of the promise, where available, to Gold card holders) were impossible. "We've had Platinum card holders in too, and we couldn't upgrade them either" was EOM's (employee of the month) next proud assertion.

We went to our rooms. A gulf-view resort, with car-park-view rooms. Lovely. Except our room had a wet carpet, covered in sand, and with an industrial sized blower hard at work (our friends view was OK). We went back to reception, and as EOM was busy doing nothing, the manager came over. Of course, he was sorry, sorry, and said he'd upgrade us right away into a suite (but we thought the place was full...).

Our upgrade was lovely, and we met our friends. The rest of the stay was great. Highlights:

- Take a chair into the Gulf, and enjoy the sunset
- Look out for the dinosaurs on Jurassic beach (you'll see what we mean)
- Go to the restaurant (forget its name, but separate building to the north-side of the hotel). Breakfast is great, and the best waitress is Winsome. We saw dolphins swimming by, and one doing x3 flips right out of the water.

This hotel is in a simply perfect spot. The Gulf view is what may would call "paradise". There are swings, hammocks and sculptures in the grounds. So come on front desk, up your act!

If my review has helped you, I'd appreciate your "helpful vote" - thank you, and I hope you have a great vacation.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for Gulf view - the higher the better (there are four floors).
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
25 Thank Stephen A
Stephen A, thank you for the feedback from your recent stay here in Key Largo. I apologize on behalf of the front desk for falling short of your expectations. We look to exceed our guest expectations and we failed to do just that. I will work with the front office team to ensure we are proving exceptional guest services. We hope you will return to see our improvements.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Key Largo
Courtyard Key Largo
Courtyard Key Largo
#8 of 19 in Key Largo
Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo

Been to Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort? Share your experiences!