My family and I stayed at this property in June and had stayed there in 2001 and 2003. It's gone downhill since our initial stays and should be reclassified as a Marriott Fairfield Inn or Marriott Residence Inn.
I spend 100+ nights/yr staying in Marriott properties, so they usually treat me well and upgrade me to some nice rooms. So, here are the positives and negatives:
- They have nice sized rooms. If you stay there and have a family, ask for one of the two bedroom suites. These also have kitchens, so you can save a fortune on meals.
- Laundry facility is on site.
- Housekeeping - The maids do a great job. Rooms very clean.
- Great views, especially at sunset.
- Location - It's only a mile from John Pennecamp Park and about an hour drive from Miami International Airport.
- Smokers everywhere. Marriott has gone smokefree, but not at this franchised property. Smokers at the pool all the time, on balconies, and on the property's tiny "beach."
- No Beach - They call the tiny strip of sand a beach. It's not anywhere close. If you want a nice beach and want a great Marriott property, go to Marco Island, FL.
- Sand Fleas - These little guys bite and move around everywhere on the property, including the hotel rooms!!!
- It's a Dive - On-site dive company is mediocre. Go to Rainbow Reef Divers about a mile away. They're great and much better priced.
- This place attracts some seedy looking people from Miami, especially on the weekends.
All this said, if I was planning to return to the Florida Keys, I would recommend the Cheeca Lodge (sp) on Islamorada. We toured this property after having a fantastic dinner on location at the Atlantic's Edge. Very peaceful place with lots of great family activities. Would also be great for couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy various enhancements including a stunning guest room renovation inspired by the tranquil lifestyle and vibrant colors defining the West Palm Beach, FL, destination. Conveniently located near CityPlace, Kravis Center for Performing Arts, Cruzan Amphitheater Downtown West Palm, Palm Beach County Convention Center and Palm Beach International (PBI) Airport, our West Palm Beach hotel appeals to leisure travelers alike. Appreciate deluxe accommodations and unique amenities at our Marriott hotel in West Palm Beach, FL, including high-speed internet, complimentary airport shuttle. Self-parking available for an extra charge of $15 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Key Largo Bay Beach Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Marriott