We stayed for one week in February. As a Marriott Gold Elite member this hotel is by far the worse Marriott property we have ever stayed in. First the positives - fantastic view if you have a high floor, bay view room. Beach is small but ideal for younger children, pool clean and lots of sun loungers to go around even when the hotel is full.
The negatives -
* Apart from resort managers, incredibly rude staff who really seem to have no interest in being there, particularly in Gus' restaurtant. Restaurant manager great, all other staff appauling, mute, verging on rude. Food average at best and overpriced.
* Check in desk, no welcome, no recognition of Marriott membership, questioned my booking including breakfast for the kids even though on booking form. No direction to room, no offer of help with luggage.
* Food by the pool - usually late and cold. Mainly as it has to be carried 150 yds from the restaurant
* Room decor very tired (although in our experience room cleaned well)
* Complained about a variety of these issues and were given free drinks vouchers and discount on daily rate. On two occassions staff demanded cash tips rather than being put on our room bill, even suggesting to my wife she returns later with cash. Utterly unacceptable
Overall, we had a great break despite the hotel staff, not because of them. This hotel is priced as a luxury resort, which it is not. The whole place has a strange downbeat vibe seemingly caused by the negativity of staff. I would highly recommend a trip out to some of the tripadvisor recommended local restaurants - which were all great
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy various enhancements including a stunning guest room renovation inspired by the tranquil lifestyle and vibrant colors defining the West Palm Beach, FL, destination. Conveniently located near CityPlace, Kravis Center for Performing Arts, Cruzan Amphitheater Downtown West Palm, Palm Beach County Convention Center and Palm Beach International (PBI) Airport, our West Palm Beach hotel appeals to leisure travelers alike. Appreciate deluxe accommodations and unique amenities at our Marriott hotel in West Palm Beach, FL, including high-speed internet, complimentary airport shuttle. Self-parking available for an extra charge of $15 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Key Largo Bay Beach Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Marriott