“OK, But really needs an updating!”

Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here earlier this year to celebrate my 60th birthday. I chose it because I usually have good experiences at Marriott properties and it looked really nice on the web site. While the property was OK, the hotel was a little shabby and could use some updating. The room was nice, and it's always nice having a little fridge in the room. Although I did have a night where the elevator was out (climb those stairs!), the staff was very nice and did eveything they could to enhance my stay. When they found out it was my birthday, they couldn't do enough, and sent a piece of key lime pie up! I see others have complained about the beds, but I thought they were just fine. The pool and hot tub and beach areas were very nice. If you are going for the spa, I'd recommend just a short treatment, as the spa is outside by the pool, and seems like a bit of an afterthought. But my massuese was very good and quite accommodating of my special issues. The breakfast in the restaurant was good, but pricey. For dinner, if you're looking for something light, you should leave the property, as they really didn't have much.

Room Tip: Go for a beach view, if you don't have to pay too dearly for it!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Francine G

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Clean, great staff. Very nice layout and location. Pirate island dive shop on site.
Room large with view of pool and resort.
cookies and special fruited water each afternoon complimentary. Beds a little firm and pillows too soft but that is our only negative. We enjoyed our stay. Having to study I found the desk a nice surprise but not too shabby to do the required reading on the balcony or by the pool. Both pool and hot tub clean and refreshing. Excellent pricing with dive package. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank wsenjoyinglife
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Older property, but nice room. I was upgraded to an ocean view room. It had a wrap-around balcony that allowed for an ocean and pool view. Room was spacious and had a nice walk-in shower. Staff was very friendly and nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank kcornelius
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Nice view, nice furniture, nice room minus the dirty carpet, but horrible bed. It was like sleeping on cement. We also left something in the room and they never called me to let me know. I called them a few days later and they had it.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank DanaK995
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Initially booked the Marriott Key Largo as a place to sleep one night on our way to Key West, once we got there we wanted to stay! I think it's important to keep in mind where you are, I was glad it was not a cookie cutter Marriott. Nice beach, great service both from the front desk staff, particularly Yola (hope I spelled it right) and Stefan at the pool bar made us feel at home immediately. Since we had breakfast included with the room on the first stay, it was fine. On the way back we stayed again, same great staff etc and breakfast down the road at Doc's (must do ).

Can't wait to go back, and will stay a few nights next time !

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Very small beach area, room had no view, breakfast was very expensive, and just not up to Marriott standards..Sorry for the not so good review, but I really don't think we would return. I really felt like being a Gold Member didn't matter for a room.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BarbaraTuckertonNJ
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was our first trip to the Florida Keys. The Keys was on my husband's list of places(Bucket List) to visit for a very long time. We were going to West Palm Beach for a business trip so decided to include a quick trip to the Keys. The Key Largo Marriott worked out perfectly because we drove from West Palm Beach and the Marriott was only 58 miles back to the Miami airport, which gave us extra time in the Keys. We received a warm welcome at the front desk and they suggested going over to Breezer's and we enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and awsome sunset views over the water giving a "high five" to Adam!! ..We then enjoyed an amazing dinner the first night at Gus's Grille. The serving staff were so cordial and the dinner by Chef Antoine was divine. We later heard this is an "award winning" restaurant and I can see why. Chef Antoine even came out to say hello and we did not have enough compliments for him.....they create amazing dinners from the fresh catch of the day. Our whole stay just fell into place because of this great hotel. We hope to return to the Key Largo and the Florida Keys again soon

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony are great to enjoy the sunset views
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple