Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
OceanPointe.com
  • Pool
$219
$209
MB at Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
$199
$156
$190
$159
HolidayInn.com
Seafarer Resort and Beach(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
$117
$205
$180
Orbitz.com
Coconut Palm Inn(Key Largo)
$189
Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
$999
$219
Courtyard
2,263 results
All reviewsgus' grillebreezers bardive shoppool barjet skiwrap around balconycorner roomtwo bedroom suiteon site restaurantwater sportspool sidepool and hot tubping ponggreat poolplenty of chairssmall beachfire pit
Reviewed January 23, 2008

We went there with a convention. I was skeptical when we first pulled up in our car. It looked like an average hotel/motel combination. Once we got our room and settled into things, I became more impressed. Our room was very clean and roomy, however, there was no bathtub. The king bed was very comfortable for one person, but my husband rolls around a lot at night and the mattress bounced along with him. I would ask for two double beds next time. Our room overlooked the boat slips which was nice and we had a great patio. At night with everything lit up, it was beautiful.
The room was extremly quiet. Nothing could be heard from the outside, which was heaven. I also must mention that I felt very safe here, and didn't mind walking anywhere by myself. The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful whenever they could.
The restaurants we visited in the area were outstanding. (Some of them looked like shacks, but were great when we walked inside.)
The beach was tiny, but sun is sun and there was a pool.
I will go back for pleasure sometime.

Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandy91
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We just got back from a 5 night stay at the Marriott Key Largo Resort (12/26 - 12/31). We stayed using Marriott Points and I upgraded from the standard award to ensure a bay view. 5 nights in a double cost me 135,000 points. It was a comfortable stay - but be sure to go in with the right expectations. Let me describe.

First, this property is not comparable to other Category 6 Marriott properties. My guess is this is mostly due to the lack of other Marriotts in the area - and when you compare it to the other area hotels/motels, it is definitely in the higher end.

Check-in was smooth, though not overly friendly. No real complaints, but no compliments either.

Our room was adequate. It did not appear to be one of the recently renovated rooms, but it was in decent shape. The balcony was huge! We have a direct view of It's A Dive, with the bay beyond that. To our right, we had a nice view of the bridge over to Gus' Grille and the bay.

Our refrigerator died the first night and engineering was very prompt in coming to take a look at it. They arrived within 5 minutes, determined it was dead, and returned with a replacement 5 minutes after that. I was impressed!

The pool area was nice, but the pool and hot tub were way over-chlorinated. My daughter's hair (she is blonde) turned green by the 4th day. We have a pool at home and have been to dozens of other resorts and her hair has never turned green before. I saw other little girls with greenish blonde hair, too. The hot tub gave me a headache from the chlorine fumes. Others complained too. Otherwise the pools were clean and well maintained. Fresh towels were delivered thorughout the day. They were quite thin, and not of great quality, but always fresh. It was nice that the pool was open until 11pm. We went to the hot tub every night while the kids swam in the pool. We met lots of other families there each night doing the same thing.

The pool bar was decent - we had lunch there twice. Service was good - but no table service, you have to walk up to the bar and order everything. The menu was a bit limited, but overall not bad.

We ate at Gus' Grille one night for dinner. They prepared the fresh snapper my husband caught on a fishing trip for us which was a nice touch. Dinner was very good. We had an outside table and enjoyed it very much.

We ordered room service for breakfast one morning and for a late night snack after returning from a trip to Key West one day. Room service was prompt. The breakfast order was badly mixed up - sent coffee instead of tea, OJ instead of apple juice and only one set of utensils despite the fact we had ordered 4 meals. This was quickly corrected with a sincere apology.

We rented waverunners through Its a Dive and had a great time. My husband had a head cold so he didn't go scuba diving, but we saw them leave and return every day - it seemed to be a very well run operation. He would definitely dive with them on a return trip.

The location of the Marriott is great. We explored the Key Largo area and ate at several area establishments found on TA. I absolutely recommend The Key Largo Coffee House (now the Conch House) for dinner. It was our best meal by far! The Fish House was wonderful, as was Hobo's. We loved the food at Sundowners, but the service was terrible.

The hotel was occupied mostly by families the week we were there. Lots of kids to play with - all of whom seemed well behaved and supervised by parents.

Overall, we enjoyed our trip to Key Largo and would stay at the Marriott again, if using points. I believe the rate was about $400 per night the week we were there - and I am not sure I would pay that much to stay there. It is certainly a nice place in comparison to the other hotels in the area. If you've never been to the Keys before, believe what you read about flip flops being formal wear. It is completely laid back, which we loved. Don't expect any glitz in the Keys - we sure didn't see it. The Marriott fits right in with that laid back attitude. It is a laid back Marriott that serves its purpose well but quite different from more elegant Marriott resorts.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
16  Thank hangdog
Reviewed December 31, 2007

Great spot to stay in the upper Keys. My wife and I were staying in Miami and decided to spend a few days in the keys. We didn't feel like driving att the way to Key West just to spend the weekend so we stayed at this Marriott in Key Largo. Great spot if you just want to lounge at the pool and look at the Gulf. No much else to do in the area really but this facility was first rate.
Be forewarned: The hotel is definately family friendly so there were lots of kids around.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mcunnin777
Reviewed December 17, 2007

We were a little concerned about staying in a resort hotel as we like to get out rather than feeling trapped, but this place was excellent and I would happily return.
Very easy to find, we checked in with no problem and got upgraded to a suite, which was great. While the outside of the property looked a little grubby, the suite itself was gorgeous, with views over the pool onto the lake. We only had one night here but if we go back to Key Largo we'd definitely stay longer here.
Staff were friendly and helpful, and there is loads to do on the site although we did eat at a local restaurant as there was literally no-one in the restaurant when we went there! The bar made a cracking margarita, and the pool was just heavenly, with hammocks and loungers, and the lake just the other side of the pool for those that like to bathe in more natural water! There are plenty of areas to sunbathe and explore on the grounds so you never feel trapped or forced to congregate with others unless you want to.
Getting the upgrade obviously made it a bit more special than we were anticipating, but the pool was so so so lovely that I'd want to go back for that alone.
Some gripes - the sofa was a bit old looking, the bed in the master bedroom was really high (odd, considering that the room was set up for disabled people) and the shower pressure wa a bit dubious. But I'm being really picky here. It was great.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SuperLekker
Reviewed December 16, 2007

My wife and I spent a week at the Marriott Key Largo and loved it. We stayed in an ocean front room on the 4th floor with great views and a wonderful balcony. The weather was lovely which helped. We also booked a deal where they give you $50 towards dinner and $30 towards breakfast or the buffet as part of the room cost. The food was very good and this deal was worth the money, although we ate out as well, for the variety.
We are not divers but did go backcounty fishing and also took a tour of the reef. But mostly we wanted to relax and do not much of anything.
And for that, this place is hard to beat.
The room was quiet, nicely decorated, well appointed, and very comfortable. The pool and hot tub were great. The service personnel in the hotel and at Gus's, the main restaurant, were very friendly and accomodating. And the service was excellent.
Compared to resorts we have been to in Mexico and Phoenix, which are VERY large, this was more intimate and it is easy to get to everything. The beach is small, but that's the Keys.
When on vacation I love unstructured time and the ability to decompress with no hassles, good service, good food, great views and lots of peace and quite. If that sounds good to you, you will probably love this hotel as much as we did.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple