“Great snorkel place”
Review of Grecian Rocks

Ranked #19 of 72 things to do in Key Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: This half-mile-long, crescent-shaped patch reef is an interesting dive site since it is highly developed and similar to those of most outer bank reefs in the Key Largo area.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

When we went with SUndiver the current was very strong, requires alot of energy to swim out to reef from mooring ball. Very well worth the trip, good variety of fish life, large fish, lobster. easy swim back due to current pushes you to boat. only have to swim 50 feet to reef. huge hard coral formations on sandy bottom.

1  Thank scubby-doo-ski

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was a great trip - took the boat tour from John Pennekamp State Park. There was so much to see and not enough time! This was by far the best snorkeling I have ever done and I have snorkeled in both Mexico and Jamaica.

2  Thank ArielF590
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have been to Grecian Rocks a few times and every time I visit the area seems to look worse. I think the area is visited so much that it suffers from too many swimmers standing and touching the reef. On this visit I saw at least three in our group that were on the reef. Maybe the real shallow areas should be sectioned off as off limits to all.

4  Thank Johnnierich
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I visited on the last snorkel of the day from Pennecamp. The coral especially the fan coral, brain coral and staghorn coral was amazing. All of the coral was much better and the water clearer than Ket West. However the size, diversity and number of fish were better in Key West. Still I did see several things here that I did not see there; several spiny lobsters, crabs and a nurse shark. The captain did say there is a bull shark often seen there; However I was just as happy not to see him. In addition, there were several barracuda including two that were very very large. In addition, I really enjoyed the parrotfish as well as a couple of big snapper. Also take time to visit the sea grass beds which had several sting rays searching for food. Overall one of the best snorkels I have done and I would highly recommend.

1  Thank Grover R
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We snorkeled here and saw some great sea life. The conditions were a little tough given the size of the waves, but overall a good experience.