Not very good I'm afraid. I'm a regular Hilton customer so maybe my expectations have been elevated unreasonably. Also we had just spent 4 wonderful nights at the Hyatt resort in Key West so was probably spoilt.
First disappointment was the lack of help out front. Then queued for 10 minutes to check in. Room had a balcony - over the car park. Best description is probably "tired". Sofa in the living area had stains on it (I don't want to speculate on their origin). No hot water in the morning. Mentioned it at reception where I was told "the controls can be a bit weird".
Beach front was nice. Water clear clean and warm. Pool a good size and plenty of loungers but no umbrellas. Being a Brit, exposure to the sun for longer than 20 minutes can be trouble some. :)
Surprised at the age limits on the jet skis - we had delayed doing those in key west with the intention of saving that little treat for key largo. 26.5 years seems extraordinary to me. So that was off the agenda unfortunately.
Bar and restaurant were good! Friendly staff up there and food was good. special mention for Nichole.
In all, it just seems this place is lacking some love. Location wise it could be great but it felt it was run with a Skeleton staff and lacked any charm. The water sports company (not part of the hotel I realise) need to shape up or ship out
We had booked for a 4 night stay but decided to high tail it out of there after the one night.
Booked a junior suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hotel offers a Florida Keys vacation experience quite like the Hilton Key Largo. This pristine, 13-acre resort sits on the best private beach in the upper Keys — and while it’s only an hour from Miami, you’ll feel worlds away, thanks to the sparkling white sand, lush tropical greenery and exciting outdoor activities.Guests at the Hilton Key Largo can enjoy as much excitement or relaxation as they like. Activities include world-class fishing and water sports, jet skis, wave runners, and para sailing. Nearby attractions include Dolphin Cove and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, which is home to the only live coral reef in the continental United States. Kids love the hotel’s Scout About children’s program, and the whole family can enjoy the two heated swimming pools, fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with spending hours just relaxing on the gorgeous beach and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or enjoying quiet moments in the handsomely appointed guest rooms, each of which is graced with a private balcony — opt for a water-view room and you’ll have a front-row seat for Key Largo’s spectacular sunsets. This is paradise, made easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Key Largo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Hotels Key Largo
- Hilton Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Grande Resort Beach Club