“plesantly surprised after reading other reviews”

Hilton Key Largo Resort
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
chittenango
“plesantly surprised after reading other reviews”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I seriously tried to change our hotel after reading so many bad reviews a few months ago .I think the employee responsible for the bad reviews is no longer there ,.The people at the front desk were very nice, We had really bad loud next door neighbors and they took care of it quickly.
My husband and I were there for our 25th anniversary so we wanted quiet. There was 2 separate beach areas. The one by the boat rentals had all the kids. The one at the other end of the hotel was always quiet. Also the adult only pool was great.There was always enough chairs.
We did not eat here at all just because I had my fooder's travel book and wanted to find restaurants they suggested. .we were in rom 323 and it had a nice unobstructed view of the water. some o.f the rooms on the 3rd floor had trees in the way..
The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The room was a bit worn but pretty typical I think.
The gym was perfect and had everything you needed. I hope this helps because I was so worried we were staying in the bates motel after I read some reviews,

Room Tip: rom 323 had a nice view. it was an adjoining room
2 Thank ajknight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (956)
Altamonte springs
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The ocean/beach area was the best place to be from sun up to sun down! The bar/happy hour appetizers and drink specials were a great deal. Sure wish pool bar & beach bar were open later than 5pm for food services. We were starving at check in at 4pm and no where to go until the bar opened b/c the pool was sold out of food for the day.....but....We will surely be back!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Michelle F
Knoxville, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel and grounds are very nice and peaceful. They had a beach for relaxation and one with a lot more going on. Restaurant and bars are nice and staff was helpful. The location of the hotel was great as well because it was very convenient to other places of interest in Key Largo.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Robert C
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I traveled with our two kids for the third time for Memorial Day Weekend. Lisa Boles had activities for the kids all weekend long. However, the quality of food at WAVES is not what it used to be and the hotel is needing some upgrades. The housekeeping staff was very pleasant. We originally called for an early check in but were told due to the check-ins the previous night that was not possible. After getting to the hotel at 4pm promptly, we tried to get a room towards the beach side of the hotel but were unable to since they had attended many early check-ins earlier. We got an accessible room at the end of the resort which was situated next to an engine which sounded off every two to three minutes, which in turn, drove my small dog to bark incessantly. Unfortunately, we will not be returning next year. But big thanks to Lisa Boles, who always made our kids' experience outstanding.

Room Tip: South side rooms are great for travelers interested in playing by the pool; beach access all along t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Vivian R
Kelly W, Manager at Hilton Key Largo Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your experience. I am deeply saddened you will not be returning as we do value our most loyal customers. Please accept our apologies that we failed to deliver a great family experience this time. I apologize that we were unable to provide your family with a room upgrade; our waterview and beachside rooms are our first rooms to book across a holiday weekend. I will certainly pass along your sentiments to Lisa, who is a true gem!
Please feel free to contact me personally should you consider staying with us in future. I would love the opportunity to make this memorable for you and your family. I can be reached at kelly.wilken@hilton.com or 305-852-5553 ext 560.

Travelers are raving about these Key Largo hotels

Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Key Largo for a long weekend scuba diving trip. This was our second stay, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We enjoyed the mangrove forest environment, lazed on the beach, cooled off in the pool, and relaxed with a key lime mojito. The hotel is convenient to the many dive shops in Key Largo. The early breakfast was great before our ten minute drive to the boat. We enjoyed two nice dinners in the restaurant. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I'm sure we'll stay here again for a dive trip.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly W, Manager at Hilton Key Largo Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thanks for your gracious comments about your recent stay at the Hilton Key Largo Resort. I am glad to read you had a fab dive trip and we played a part in the overall enjoyment of your long weekend. We look forward to having you as guests again!
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I took my nephew to this resort for a long weekend. Check in was fast and efficient, they had my reservation ready and the front desk person was very nice. Hallways, elevators, doors, walkways....all could have used some cleaning/sprucing up, especially power washing the walkways. Maybe it's me, but I expected a nicer environment from Hilton.

The room had a good view of the lagoon, the beds were nice and luxurious. But the bathroom and vanity area were old and tired looking.

The beach was ok, thought the Marriott Key Largo had a better beach. They had folks there to help you with towels, activities, etc, that was nice. A small beach bar was nice for me when my nephew was critter hunting. They have a nature walk too with local trees identified. Ping pong table, port hole games, sailing, water sports desk rounded out the beach area. There is a small marina and they provide fishing gear in the gift shop if you want to try to catch something.

The pools were small but nice w/waterfalls in each. There is a family pool and an adults only pool which I'm sure is appreciated by childless guests.

We ordered room service, it was fast and the food was good. Blackened mahi mahi bites and a Caprese salad for me, burger and fries (what else?) for my companion. I posted another review of their breakfast buffet.

All in all, a good family hotel but could do with some updating.

Room Tip: Most all rooms overlook the lagoon area
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank WaterBaby56
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize for your disapointments, which is certainly not our aim. We are constantly working to improve in all aspects of our resort presentation and your comments will help us improve in these areas. Our guestroom appearance is an area we are currently actively reviewing. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for my wife's 50th birthday. The rooms were huge and the features were top notch. Hot tub in the room as well as private balcony in our suite. The beach was great as was the service while on the beach. Rate this hotel as 5 star.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SPXW_CL_Traveler
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us from your October visit and for chosing to spend your special occasion with us! We are thrilled you enjoyed our spacious suite rooms and our HIlton hospitality.
Hopefully we will see you next October.