“No need to travel any further South! Great place to stay in the Keys.”

Hilton Key Largo Resort
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We decided to take a short trip to the Keys and I can't say enough about this place. We were on the 3rd floor and had a beautiful view of the Florida Bay. The check in was quick and efficient and the staff was terrific when we asked to stay an additional day. There is a "private" secluded beach at one end of the resort with plenty of chairs and hammocks. At the other end is a beach with chairs, tiki bar and Caribbean Watersports. The water is absolutely beautiful and you can walk out and snorkel or swim. If you need snorkeling equipment, or would like to ride jet skis or paddle board you can do that on site as well. We took the Eco tour which took us out to the mangroves and that is definitely worth it. We ate dinner at the Treetops and it was absolutely delicious with a great view as well. The pool area is located on the opposite side of the parking lot and we enjoyed this as well. There is a seating area and bar services out here as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank coachreyes55
There are newer reviews for Hilton Key Largo Resort

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We traveled with 2 boys aged 7 and 10 and they loved their experience at this hotel! Awesome beach for swimming and snorkeling (they saw a manatee), fun pool complete with a waterfall, great scavenger hunt on hotel grounds, delicious food in hotel restaurant. My husband and I loved the relaxed atmosphere, gorgeous views and good service.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Wow! This is one of the most spectacular locations in the Keys and the hotel staff is the best! The grounds, private beaches, boat dock, and other amenities are tops! The location allowed us to see the Everglades with a short trip, and the fishing of the pier and snorkeling right in front of the hotel is great as well!!! It's a fun place to stay in for sure!!! We were in the are for both business and pleasure, and mainly stayed in the hotel for it's convenient location to Miami. We had no idea that it would also be so much fun :-) Our room had a great view in quiet location, however, had some problems with the bathroom. We let the staff know. They took care of it with urgency, and exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank J.K. M
Reviewed December 11, 2013

i like the resort overall, however did not like walking long distances to the stairs or elevator, then down another flight of stairs after the elevator, not very senior friendly. our refrigerator in room was not turned on and i had to unplug it and plug it in securely until it turned on properly to cool our beverages. you can not bring your own food snacks or beverages down to the beach area, i did not like that too much, but it was not too much of a big deal. the resort is beautiful, the beach areas, complimentary beach chairs, lots of shady tree areas, hammocks, and nature trail, complimentary bikes also were all fantastic things i enjoyed during my stay. the rooms weren't as quiet as i wanted them to be, i could hear my neighbors conversations and noise from inside my closed room and balcony.

1  Thank Komaldaya S
Reviewed December 10, 2013

So, needed a stop over in Key Largo on the way back to Miami from Key West. First time my fiancee have been down to the Keys. We thought the Hilton would be a convenient stop over. Turned out to be so much more. Room was great, service superb and a few added treats made this stop well worthwhile. From the man made beach area to the parrot in the Tiki Bar, this hotel exudes a comfortable relaxed atmosphere. Even the manatee family that came to visit in the morning thought so. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ocean View!!!
2  Thank Beth W
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Let me say first that I am a long time Hilton Honors member and have stayed at this location 4-5 times in the past without incident. I always found it to be a nice place for a romantic winter get-away to somewhere warm and peaceful.

The bad experience we had in December 2013

It was my the week of my girlfriend's birthday, so like last year, I decided to get her away from the snow and cold and bring here down to the Keys. We had enjoyed several other stays and with my reservation, I requested a nice quiet room with a view... and I paid quite well for it. The rooms are not cheap- especially with the automatically added resort fees and various taxes

After suffering without complaint a small tub that would not drain and dead animal smell coming from the vent unless you left the air conditioning going on our last day we got a call waking us up at 8am from Danielle at the front desk. She said we had to quiet down becasue there were complaints of noise coming from our room. When I said my girfriend and I were asleep and we not making noise, she said in an accusatory way that the people below us said we have been making all kinds of noise since 6am. Again, I said we were asleep since midnight and you woke us up, so what kinds of noise could we be making. I said I do not appreciate being woken up and being accused of doing something am not doing. She said "I don't appreciate your tone, sir". I asked her her name at that point. "Danielle " she said, suddenly nicer. Later when we checked out she was defiantly full of attitude "we have to call when there are noise complaints". My girlfriend, who had been woken up by the call on her birthday, noted that she was rude.

Franky, a simple "I am sorry for the mistake" would have gone a long way. People dont fly 1000 miles then rent a car and drive 2 hours and pay $250 a night to be treated poorly.

I will never stay at this Hilton again.

The funny thing is that the people below us were so loud the night before on their balcony, that we had to close ours and left the room to go to get desert at another location. This, without complaining about them. Who knows why they called to complain about us... maybe someone called on them last night and they called to wake us up as revenge, maybe they were making noise again and someone thought it was coming from our room.

Either way, the attitude of the front desk staff there made it so they will be loosing over $1000 a year from us in the future.

. All we wanted was a relaxing quiet break from our lives for her birthday which is today. We didn't fly across country and drive two hours south to pay 225 a night and be insulted
If she'd have apologized for dialing the wrong room or for the bogus call no problem but to be given attitude qqqqqq when I was unconvinced and paying over 200 a night and flown across country just to get a relaxing nights sleep, we'll this Is the last time I will stay at a Hilton

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarkBuffalo
Stephen_Brower, Front Office Manager at Hilton Key Largo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear MarkBuffalo,
We're terribly sorry about the poor service experience you had and understand your frustration. Your comments will certainly help us to improve our processes when similar situations occur. Please feel free to contact us so we can speak with you personally about your concerns. We value your business and your satisfaction.

Kind regards,
Stephen Brower

Reviewed December 8, 2013

My sister and I had a wonderful time. There are tons of activities for those who are active. For those looking for relaxation, this is also your place. It's a waterfront property, so I recommend a room with ocean views. Overall, this hotel is well-kept secret. I will be back in December with my husband.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business