Stayed at the Hilton for a week with my mother & grandmother & loved it. The Hilton is on about 14 acres of property, mostly trees, so it's really quiet. Even though it's right on Highway 1, we didn't hear the freeway at all. The beach was awesome (although you need to get there really early to get a spot in the sun because all those trees mean a lot of shade!), the pool was nice (GENIUS idea to have an adult pool & a family pool - thank God for no obnoxious screaming kids ruining our peace!!), and we liked the room. The beds were nice and comfortable, and very clean. Staff were all super friendly & helpful, and granted all our requests for extra coffee packets & cups.
My only major complaint is that the Wi-Fi didn't work in my room, nor did my cell service, so anytime I needed the web I had to go out in the hallway. I did complain about this, and the staff kindly reversed our resort fee. Otherwise, I think the resort fee would've been really annoying, and made me rate only 3 stars: you *have* to have a car in the Keys, and then the hotel wants to charge you for parking?? Really? Maybe it'd be OK if they had a complimentary shuttle...
The other comment my mom had was that at the Treetops restaurant, while the food was good, it was missing that "something" to make it truly nice, e.g. a candle or flowers on the tables. The food overall at the hotel was over-priced & underwhelming (we ate at Treetops & the Tiki bar at the beach), so I don't recommend eating on the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hotel offers a Florida Keys vacation experience quite like the Hilton Key Largo. This pristine, 13-acre resort sits on the best private beach in the upper Keys — and while it’s only an hour from Miami, you’ll feel worlds away, thanks to the sparkling white sand, lush tropical greenery and exciting outdoor activities.Guests at the Hilton Key Largo can enjoy as much excitement or relaxation as they like. Activities include world-class fishing and water sports, jet skis, wave runners, and para sailing. Nearby attractions include Dolphin Cove and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, which is home to the only live coral reef in the continental United States. Kids love the hotel’s Scout About children’s program, and the whole family can enjoy the two heated swimming pools, fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with spending hours just relaxing on the gorgeous beach and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or enjoying quiet moments in the handsomely appointed guest rooms, each of which is graced with a private balcony — opt for a water-view room and you’ll have a front-row seat for Key Largo’s spectacular sunsets. This is paradise, made easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Key Largo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Hotels Key Largo
- Hilton Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Grande Resort Beach Club