Hilton Key Largo Resort
Our Stay: Five nights 11/01/13 – 11/6/13
We first stayed at the Hilton Key Largo back when it was the Sheraton. And, we’ve been back for several visits since. True, the Hilton is a little worn in places but it’s still a great place to veg out for a few days or an entire week. We reserved a Grand Suite Corner room and ours was on the 4th floor. What a view of the bay, fantastic. We had a large living room, dining area, gigantic hot tub, two bathrooms, two HD TVs, lots of storage and a wraparound deck.
We arrived early, around one in the afternoon, (check-in is at four), and our room was not available. Now, when we spend big bucks for a Grande Suite, is it not asking too much to have the room ready ahead of time? The Hilton knew we were coming months ago and I even called them the day before to let them know. Anyway, all was not lost, we were able to change and relax by the pool until the room was ready. Waited until late afternoon when we went to the front desk and asked about the room, still not ready. There were other guests arriving and their room(s) were ready. When we asked why, the desk person said, “Well, they don’t have a suite”. Huh? The only thing I could think of is that it’s quicker to get a smaller room ready than a grand suite. As we hung out in the lobby, a manager came by and asked if everything was ok. Told him we expect a higher priority and consideration for early check-in when we spend big bucks for a suite. He agreed, and the suite was ready in about twenty minutes.
The room was in excellent condition; my wife needs the a/c temperature very low to help her breathing. When we called the front desk to ask if the temperature could be adjusted lower, maintenance came up in five minutes and made adjustments. Later, the front desk called us to check if everything was ok. It was. Housekeeping came every day and did an excellent job.
We relaxed by the pool area and those who have said that the pool area was not maintained, were talking through their hat. The pool and the grounds were immaculate. They were constantly, cleaning, removing any cans, bottles, used towels left behind. Love the cool mint towels that they came around with and also the ice cold pops to help cool us off.
One very minor problem; I don’t agree with the Hilton’s decision to close the family pool for a pool-side buffet for a wedding party. The people who were using the family pool had to use the adult pool until 12 noon. Not really a problem, but why couldn’t they set up a buffet where they had the outdoor wedding reception the day before? We enjoyed watching the kids but there were people who weren’t too happy; you could tell by their demeanor. We didn’t eat at their restaurant because we have our favorites, Mrs. Macs, Harriett’s and Chads, give them a try when you come down to Key Largo, you won’t be disappointed. As for the Hilton, next time we’re in Key Largo, we’ll definitely stay at the Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hotel offers a Florida Keys vacation experience quite like the Hilton Key Largo. This pristine, 13-acre resort sits on the best private beach in the upper Keys — and while it’s only an hour from Miami, you’ll feel worlds away, thanks to the sparkling white sand, lush tropical greenery and exciting outdoor activities.Guests at the Hilton Key Largo can enjoy as much excitement or relaxation as they like. Activities include world-class fishing and water sports, jet skis, wave runners, and para sailing. Nearby attractions include Dolphin Cove and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, which is home to the only live coral reef in the continental United States. Kids love the hotel’s Scout About children’s program, and the whole family can enjoy the two heated swimming pools, fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with spending hours just relaxing on the gorgeous beach and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or enjoying quiet moments in the handsomely appointed guest rooms, each of which is graced with a private balcony — opt for a water-view room and you’ll have a front-row seat for Key Largo’s spectacular sunsets. This is paradise, made easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Key Largo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Hotels Key Largo
- Hilton Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Grande Resort Beach Club