The location is great on the bay side for excellent sunsets, the treetop restaurant on the 3rd floor has amazing views for dining and the rooms are clean and updated. The staff is attentive and responsive to requests. The beach is small but that normal for the Keys, there is a small beach side tiki hut and entertainment from locals. The pool is nice but when we visited there was no bar or attendant (closed). Pool has nice waterfalls on each side and there is a no kids section.
The room walls seem to be made of rice paper since you can hear just about everything in the hallways. We also found a great Hotwire rate since we felt the hotel website rates were overpriced. The reservation said a king, but when checking in we got two queens. Asked if they were at capacity, told yes, but you could hear crickets in the empty parking lot. Not a big deal but we felt it was just do to the hotwire booking. Clerk did waive all the resort fees of $14 a day for parking and $20 "resort fee", so we saved $68 that we didn't even expect.
Breakfast $16.95 plus vs eating at a local diner, typical "resort" prices, go local for food and drinks.
Overall a clean place to stay with the Hilton name but it seems this "Grande Dame" has run her course. Would stay again for diving hotel, but only for a discounted rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hotel offers a Florida Keys vacation experience quite like the Hilton Key Largo. This pristine, 13-acre resort sits on the best private beach in the upper Keys — and while it’s only an hour from Miami, you’ll feel worlds away, thanks to the sparkling white sand, lush tropical greenery and exciting outdoor activities.Guests at the Hilton Key Largo can enjoy as much excitement or relaxation as they like. Activities include world-class fishing and water sports, jet skis, wave runners, and para sailing. Nearby attractions include Dolphin Cove and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, which is home to the only live coral reef in the continental United States. Kids love the hotel’s Scout About children’s program, and the whole family can enjoy the two heated swimming pools, fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with spending hours just relaxing on the gorgeous beach and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or enjoying quiet moments in the handsomely appointed guest rooms, each of which is graced with a private balcony — opt for a water-view room and you’ll have a front-row seat for Key Largo’s spectacular sunsets. This is paradise, made easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Key Largo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Hotels Key Largo
- Hilton Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Grande Resort Beach Club