“Key Largo Hilton Resort. Very nice retreat!”

Hilton Key Largo Resort
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our stay was August 30th 2013 on a Saturday night. Check in went smooth. Hotel and surrounding properties are all nicely tucked into the wooded area right off the highway. Property is a little dated as far as Hilton properties go...however this property was formerly another resort.......so maybe Hilton has not finished putting their touches on it yet? Room was very clean with a nice view of the water from our balcony. Nice pool and small but adequate beach area complete with a beach bar and grill. Great for spending some leisure time in the water or lounging on the beach. Watersports are available by Caribbean Watersports on property as well.
Best drink on property is the Key Lime Pie mixed drink frozen! But be careful....they do make good ones down in Key largo!
Restaurant on site was excellent as well. We had dinner and breakfast as well. Both meals were excellent. Very attentive wait staff. Great views of the water from both inside and the patio dining area as well.
We will stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view room as some of their rooms do not have a view at all.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NC-Kid

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been to several Hilton Resorts. I'm not sure this one deserves the "resort" title in the name but it was a nice hotel. My kids had a lot of fun between the "scavenger hunt," ping pong table, and the pool. The pool is a nice size with a fun little waterfall. Only downside, the pool is on the side of the resort that's close to the highway so you hear a lot of street noise. close to the highway so you hear a lot of highway noise. It rained one afternoon so all the kids had to come out of the pool, the pool staff gave all the kids ice cream.

I enjoyed the beach but another guest I spoke with thought is was small. I enjoyed lounging in the hammocks that were on the beach. The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. If you're looking for a happening beach - this ain't it. But, it was exactly what I was looking for.

Treetops restaurant was nice. They offer both inside and outside dining. We only ate there for breakfast but enjoyed the buffet and the cooked to order omelets. The staff was very accommodating. One morning, I had a yogurt parfait. I enjoyed it so much, I was looking forward to it the next day. They didn't have any ready but my waitress made sure they made me one that day & she saved me one the following day.

I would definitely recommend staying here but if you're used to a true resort, keep in mind that this location is more of a standard Hilton hotel. My only regret is that we didn't do any fishing. The hotel provides poles and you can purchase bait.

Room Tip: Beach side rooms have a wonderful view. We chose a room facing the parking lot because of the size...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here from the 29/6/13 to the 5/7/13 Fantastic location, great service, staff very helpful, nothing too much trouble.
View from hotel restaurant amazing, food lovely as well, again the service was excellent.
Beach was to die for, water so warm and clear and if that is not your preference two fab pools, their was also a good little gym, a bar on the beach to refresh yourself what else to you want !
Highly recommended for a bit of luxury in an amazing location.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

While a great location directly on the beach bay area this hotel facility is outdated and needing a full renovation. As our experience with the pipes bursting with water damage in over 25 hotel rooms. Many of our personal effects were water damaged. The Flat screen TV was inoperative on my evenings, room smelled of we mildew, large black ants and small brown ants throughout the hotel room including inside the bed sheets.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Stephen_Brower, Front Office Manager at Hilton Key Largo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Michael H,
We're are very sorry to hear about your experience. The health and safety of our guests is very important and I can assure you that the pest control and water damage issues have been addressed. Someone from our hotel will be contacting you shortly to follow up and help alleviate your concerns.

Kind regards,
Stephen J. Brower

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I went to the Hilton Key Largo with lower expectations than I would normally have for a Hilton Resort, based on previous reviews. Having stayed in Miami, Orlando and Naples during our trip at 4/5 star hotels, we had been spoilt, so we went with an open mind. And I'm glad we did.

The check in was quick and my request for a sea view (which I mailed before I went) was happily provided. The room we had on the 4th floor was at the far end of the resort overlooking the quiet beach and had wonderful sea views. And it is the views that you go to the keys for.
Our room was spacious and clean and the beds comfy.

The beach - which many hotels in the keys do not have, was clean and it was relaxing lounging around. We did the water sports - they were in my opinion priced similar to other centres on the keys - although with a captive market, it may have been a little more expensive.

The sunset - was amazing! Another reason to choose this hotel. It had an amazing view.

We ate one night in the restaurant and the food was good. We also sat at the beach bar regularly for drinks. Prices were similar to every hotel we had stayed in during our stay.

Nice pool; these are however situated at the back of the resort. The lady in charge of towels etc. was very keen to make sure everyone was happy and the area was clean.

Few minor issues - there was nowhere to get a coffee after breakfast until 5pm when the Treetops bar opened; with a coffee loving husband; this was not good. Yes there was a coffee maker in the room, but it was a walk, and not the best coffee. We would have expected this to be a standard offering - coffee at the bar for sale. Only hotel we have stayed in ever that don’t offer coffee or tea for that matter. I noticed on the last day that complimentary coffee was available from 630am t0 830am in reception; this wasn’t publicised. Maybe worth sharing in the newsletter they hand you when you arrive.

Air conditioning was effective, but a little noisy!

I think that going with an open mind is the best! We did and we enjoyed the resort for the simple reason that we wanted to relax. This hotel is not for those who expect to have 24 hour service or lots going on. This is a typical keys hotel from what I see from reviews.

We enjoyed our time there. Lots of lovely diners within 2-3 miles both way!

Room Tip: Sea view to watch the sunset! it's amazing. IF you want quiet, you need the rooms overlooking th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Firstly, I have stayed st this hotel before and came back because we were so impressed. But, we were so wrong. Apparently the hotel has an issue with flying ants. I live in Florida and am well used to bugs but when we ate at the hotel restaurant, treetops, we were swarmed with flying ants. We had to move and then when we went back to the roomit was filled with flying ants. The hotel are well aware of the issue. The actual rooms are in a fantastic location but need some TLC, carpets need replacing, cabinets need painting and repairing, Ac vents are dirty with water dripping out of vents. The hotel is in a great location but this will be the last time we stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

What a great little hidden gem in Key Largo! The property is well kept and located on the bay side. The rooms were fairly large and very clean. The entire staff we met was extremely nice and always willing to help. The resort fees include a fishing pole, hooks and bait to purchase on property for the kids to fish off of the hotels boat dock. I also liked the educational tour that the kids could do with their parents to learn about different birds, reptiles, fish, etc. as they walked around the hotel to read about each one and collect their favorite colored arm bands from the boxes located at each stop. Great way for parents to spend quality, educational time with their kids while there! I am already looking to come back for another long weekend getaway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple