“Location is stunning”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Charleston, South Carolina, USA
“Location is stunning”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect...right on the beach. Staff was friendly and helpful. Plenty of lounge chairs beach side, there is a bar and even water sports rentals right there. Checked in late, 11:45pm, it took approximately 3 minutes total and the desk girl was cheery.
The pool is located on the front side of the hotel so you can hear some traffic from the main road. They have an adults only pool and a family pool...really nice feature...and a hot tub too. Pool bar and snack area located in the family area.
Daily resort charge...too much, and a joke. You get nothing for it except too small and paper thin beach towels. They mentioned bicycle rentals but I didn't see them anyway and couldn't be bothered looking for them.
The rooms were ok, the looked recently updated but the bed absolutely killed my back. First night not bad second night, was up every two hours trying to get comfortable. Pillows comfortable and bedding soft but bed itself sucked. The couch desperately needs to be replaced as it sags horribly in the middle and the furniture was just generic, somewhat beat up, hotel furniture. Nothing special. Would not stay again at these prices, surely there has got to be better alternatives out there.

Room Tip: For an ocean view you have to be 3rd floor or higher because the trees will block your view on the l...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gallagherfamily29466

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Only planned on staying one night...thankfully. I understand older and needing updated. However cleanliness is, and should always be top priority and it was not. As soon as I walked in the door cobwebs (they had been there awhile from the looks of them~and not just on the ceiling) were the first things I noticed. Then a couple of stray peanuts under the desk that had been there who knows how long. Had our shoes and socks off for awhile when we noticed how dirty our feet had become from the carpet. We were not there long enough to really experience everything they offered. For the price it should have AT LEAST been clean.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Mrsfulton

Travelers are raving about these Key Largo hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our family of 7 spent a week in May here.( Our last stay here was 13 years ago when it was The Westin Beach Resort.) We had two rooms on the 1st floor. My son and his family had a room with a vanity just outside the bath. I had no vanity and when I tried to put stuff on the toilet tank I had to watch that nothing slid into the toilet which had no lid. I later found out we had a disabled room. Why I don't know because non of us are disabled. Our reservations were made Aug. 2012. My sons room had no hot water the whole time but he didn't want to complain. When I checked out I complained and the girl at the desk said she would subtract the parking fee of $15.00 a day. We had never even been informed of a parking fee. Everyone had a good time overall. I like the location to Pennekamp and Sundiver III which we did. The hotel beach and pools were enjoyed by all of us. Breakfast buffet was pricey for 7 of us, especially since we still had to tip 18% for buffet. We did have good service so we tipped 20%. We had prepaid for it last August and it was around $16.00 per person. The grounds are beautifully kept but the rooms need refurbishing. Chairs were very stained and rugs looked dirty. I have never stayed anywhere else so I can't compare. Hotel staff was very courteous. I might consider coming back next year but we might do better with a small rental house in Islamorada or Marathon.

Room Tip: I like 1st floor near the beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This Hilton is in a great location for Key Largo, and offers numerous facilities such as two pools, a great restaurant and bar with brilliant sunset views. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room was quiet and had a great "canopy" view, you can see the Gulf and sunset from the second floor. All round highly recommended for Key Largo.

Room Tip: Great view from Canopy on 2nd floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pembroke Pines
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

As a Diamond member, I took my family here to celebrate my daughter's graduation. I never received my Diamond amenities as promised daily. The restaurant was over priced and the staff was not attentive. The beds were hard and the hotel could use renovating. The beach was great and the pool area. If you are looking for an escape and don't mind paying for overpriced items then this is your place. Cell phone reception is non existent.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank lioness728
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great time with my family with a very relaxed atmosphere. Kids loved the nature that was right there as part of the facility. Fun for all with a great staff that rounded out the whole experience. Food served at the pool or at the main facility was also reasonable and very good. Kids got great food on the kids menu.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank Joseph B. N
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We loved staying at this resort! It was beautiful! We especially happy to be able to swim at their beach area. The hotel was clean especially for being in the Keys. My son enjoyed the Scout About program and can't wait to go back. The smores by the fire was our favorite time! This resort is good for families and adults only.The restaurant was overpriced but we found alternative places to eat right down the street. The pool was old and in need of updating but who needs a pool when you have beautiful clear water right pour back? There's a cute tiki bar by the water too. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2012
#8 of 20 in Key Largo
Atlantic Bay Resort
Atlantic Bay Resort
#2 of 4 in Tavernier

Been to Hilton Key Largo Resort? Share your experiences!