“Why did I listen to the haters?”

Hilton Key Largo Resort
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We just spent half of our Spring Break here and I wish we had stayed instead if heading back up the coast to spend the remaining time at a more luxury resort. Originally, I booked our full trip here, but after reading a bunch of negative TA reviews, I reduced our stay. Big mistake, huge. The Hilton's grounds are naturally beautiful and well maintained. Yes, the building is showing its age a bit, but quit looking at that crack in the walkway and look up at the trees or out at the gorgeous water. Check in was a breeze - a bellman met us at the car, walked us into the lobby, and after a 60 second check in (no lie!) he walked us to our 3rd floor room. What a view! 15 minutes later, the kids were playing on the beach! This hotel has a relaxed vibe that I really enjoyed. All of the employees we encountered were very nice and genuine. Same with the guests. The breakfast, included in our rate, was quite good. Again, not luxury hotel good, but the kids just wanted the front loops anyway. Lunch options were a little scarce (only at pool bar). They had quite a few organized activities for the kids - s'mores night, pool games, pool party, and the nature walk. Overall, a great stay. The spring break prices were very reasonable which is even more of a plus. Its not a 4 star resort, but our stay was. When I walked into the zoo that was the Westin Diplomat (review coming soon) the first thing I said to my husband was "Can we go back to Key Largo?"

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Russ_Cronberg, Manager at Hilton Key Largo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear QuietKP,

Thank you so much for leaving such a nice review regarding your recent stay with our property. We too believe that we have a gem here with a relaxed vibe, and service to match. We too are sorry that you ended up departing us early but can only hope that you will come back again from Maryland and visit us in the future.

Best Travels,
Russ Cronberg
Director of Rooms

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Overall the hotel is very nice. The restaurant service could be improved, at times the wait staff would disappear for prolonged periods. In addition the manager seemed to have no true idea of how many reservations he had as he seemed to always be full but would take more reservations. Main disappointment was that on our final day it became apparent that non paying guests were utilizing the hotel grounds and facilities, namely the beach and that made it difficult for paying guests to find loungers etc. Hotel should enforce it's policy of the beach etc only being available for paying guests.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed there for two nights and had a water view. It was beautiful. Room service food was good. Had our room cleaned at only 5:00 pm the next day. They only made the bed and didn't clean the bathroom/shower. Expected a better housekeeping service for a 250$/night hotel. But overall we had a nice stay.

Room Tip: water view is really worth it.
1  Thank Canadianflag
Stephen_Brower, Front Office Manager at Hilton Key Largo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Canadianflag,
Thank you for sharing your visit to our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the relaxing view from your private balcony overlooking the beautiful Florida Bay. I do apologize for the late cleaning of your room. I hope that it did not dampen your overall feel for the resort. Thank you for your visit and we hope you can return so we may improve on the areas we failed to exceed your expectations.
Best regards,

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I would highly recommend the Hilton Key Largo Hotel. The room was large and clean. The beach was lovely and suitable for both children, teens and adults. The same with the pools. The food was excellent and the staff friendly. The toilet broke and the maintenance man was there in 5 minutes and fixed it right away. I would most certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: As for beach front.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jane S,
Thank you for the kind review of your visit to the Hilton Key Largo Resort. We are always very to happy to hear that our staff gave you the service that is expected at all Hilton properties. When we read reviews such as yours, we know that we are on the 'right track' to help ensure our guests leave with a positive experience.
Many thanks!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at the Key Largo Hilton. What it may lack in upgrades, it makes up for in cleanliness. The staff was personable, helpful and just a pleasure to deal with including the gentleman who swept leaves every day!! The concierge was informative and assisted with an amazing Enviro tour. Since I work for a resort who has recently received accolades from Trip Advisor, you can bet that I had an eye on everything that was happening during our stay. It was delightful and true vacation. Although food and drinks were a little pricey, we were able to find many other places in the local area that fit our budget. Also, I admired how the beach and pool had areas for families with children and more quiet areas for travelers looking for a more tranquil getaway. Kudos.

Room Tip: King bed, corner suite if possible
1  Thank crashvb

Greetings crashvb,
Many thanks for sharing your 5 night experience at the Hilton Key Largo Resort. We love to hear that you enjoyed your visit and were able to find many other activities offered in the Key Largo area. My staff takes pride in ensuring our guests needs are met and hopefully exceeded. Thanks you again for the praise of our staff and we forward to your next visit to the Florida Keys!
Thank you!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was excited for a stay at the luxurious Hilton in Key Largo. What I found was little better than a Motel. Oh sure, Key Largo is very nice. But for 250 dollars a night, in March, on a weekday? I have a nicer bathroom at home. If you saw my bathroom at home you would know how much that is saying. Did I mention we stayed in the "nice" rooms with the waterfront view? I can't imagine what the lower class rooms looked like, I shudder to think. Not to mention anytime anyone opened their patio doors anywhere near you it sounded like thunder. My wife had an awful time trying to sleep.

Room Tip: Try the Marriott.
2  Thank Nicholas M

Dear Nicholas M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry you did not enjoy the visit to the Hilton Key Largo Resort. We do our best to ensure all our guests find their vacation getaway to be a fond memorable visit but failed to do so in your case. We are currently reviewing a renovation plan. Please let me know if you do return to the beautiful Florida Keys so I may ensure you have a pleasant stay.
Best regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very quiet and secluded. Very comfortable room. Wi-fi that is included in the $18 a day resort charge has a very weak signal. Nice pools and dock. The room had two TV's, sofa and desk. Also a very comfortable bed.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the parking lot, but the room was so comfortable, I did not care.

Dear AndyE112,
Thank you for sharing your experience during your visit to the Hilton Key Largo Resort. We are happy to hear that you found this nice retreat to be quiet and relaxing. Our Jr. Suites do offer a relaxing atmosphere with the seperate bedroom area and palor room. Hopefully you will be able to visit again in the near future.
All the best,