I usually have no issues with Hilton hotels. My wife and I have been to the Keys many times, as we live in southern Palm Beach County and the Keys are a convenient 90 minute drive away. We gave the Hilton a try and came away disappointed.
Reasons: Parking is expensive, not complimentarty. As I recall it was about $15.00 a day.
Next, no free wi-fi in the rooms. That cost another $12.00 a day. The beds were mediocre. When we called about how truly uncomfortable they were we were told that they were new beds.
The staff at the front desk was at best neutral toward us upon check-in. The restaurant was okay, but nothing special.
We booked a three day stay, but left after the second day. Afterwards, we got all sorts of phone calls and emails expressing their apologies. Overall, we spent about $500.00 for a couple days of dissatisfaction. Much happier at the Marriott at Key Largo, and don't plan going back to the Hilton -- ever. Sad, because the location is beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hotel offers a Florida Keys vacation experience quite like the Hilton Key Largo. This pristine, 13-acre resort sits on the best private beach in the upper Keys — and while it’s only an hour from Miami, you’ll feel worlds away, thanks to the sparkling white sand, lush tropical greenery and exciting outdoor activities.Guests at the Hilton Key Largo can enjoy as much excitement or relaxation as they like. Activities include world-class fishing and water sports, jet skis, wave runners, and para sailing. Nearby attractions include Dolphin Cove and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, which is home to the only live coral reef in the continental United States. Kids love the hotel’s Scout About children’s program, and the whole family can enjoy the two heated swimming pools, fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with spending hours just relaxing on the gorgeous beach and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or enjoying quiet moments in the handsomely appointed guest rooms, each of which is graced with a private balcony — opt for a water-view room and you’ll have a front-row seat for Key Largo’s spectacular sunsets. This is paradise, made easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Key Largo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Hotels Key Largo
- Hilton Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Grande Resort Beach Club