After a weekend in Miami, my wife and I decided to make it more of a trip and head down to Key largo. I have to say that I was not expecting all that much, but we were totaly blown away both by the service and the natural surroundings. The hammock beach was pure bliss! We decided then and there that we would try to come back as soon as possible when work and stuff gets too crazy. It was awesome to see that this piece of beach/nature was so lovingly preserved on, let's face it an island with a highway running through it and not much else, noteable exception of course is Pennenkamp state park. The room we had was on the fourth floor (corner) which gave unobstructed views of the Gulf. Loved the tiki hut (although the beer cooler was broken during our stay), the girl bartender (Leslie I believe) was a trooper and battled on, cudos to her! The rooms could use a sprucer up, bathrooms are dated, but all in all this is a winner if the price is right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hotel offers a Florida Keys vacation experience quite like the Hilton Key Largo. This pristine, 13-acre resort sits on the best private beach in the upper Keys — and while it’s only an hour from Miami, you’ll feel worlds away, thanks to the sparkling white sand, lush tropical greenery and exciting outdoor activities.Guests at the Hilton Key Largo can enjoy as much excitement or relaxation as they like. Activities include world-class fishing and water sports, jet skis, wave runners, and para sailing. Nearby attractions include Dolphin Cove and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, which is home to the only live coral reef in the continental United States. Kids love the hotel’s Scout About children’s program, and the whole family can enjoy the two heated swimming pools, fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with spending hours just relaxing on the gorgeous beach and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or enjoying quiet moments in the handsomely appointed guest rooms, each of which is graced with a private balcony — opt for a water-view room and you’ll have a front-row seat for Key Largo’s spectacular sunsets. This is paradise, made easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Key Largo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Hotels Key Largo
- Hilton Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Grande Resort Beach Club